Newcastle United 2 - 0 Nott'm Forest - 29/03/10 - post match reaction from p15

Dave

^ 9 Goals in 14 appearances this season tbf and he is experienced, Champions league and Uefa cup football as well as 9 seasons in the top league. I could see him finishing as top scorer had he played as many games as Carroll. Having said that I think he fits into the "a cut above most in the Championship, not good enough for the Premier league" Catergory.

Billy Davies: ‘But they have very good experienced players: Gutierrez, Enrique, Ameobi — you can go through the team.

:facepalm:

Is 8+ years not experienced enough like?

It is shola with a typical flukey goal.................BUT FOR ME IT IS GOAL OF THE SEASON.....well tonight anyway.

They take Tyson off & we get the knockout blow in.

How was it flukey like? Great finish.

Missed this during the match it was a hit & hope that is how it was flukey.

For those that want to relive Enrique's goal and celebration, type in "enrique goal" on dailymotion

Love it when we start chanting "Jose, Jose, Jose Jose" followed by "Booooooooooooooooooooooooo" when he gets booked!!!!  :lol:

atmosphere reminds me of the good ol' SBR days at SJP!!!! :aww:

Not an ounce of fluke in that, imo. Shades of Shearer vs Leicester.

At the time i thought he'd scuffed it and was lucky that it spun in off the post.

Prior to him scoring he was rank mind.

nufc.com described it as "deceptively languid" and like they said he causes all kinds of problems to opposition defenders even when not appearing to be doing much.

For those that want to relive Enrique's goal and celebration, type in "enrique goal" on dailymotion

Love it when we start chanting "Jose, Jose, Jose Jose" followed by "Booooooooooooooooooooooooo" when he gets booked!!!!  :lol:

atmosphere reminds me of the good ol' SBR days at SJP!!!! :aww:

Loved the pile on celebration, particularly as they all dive on him, they're in a pile and 10 seconds later Shola joins in with a comedy dive/jump. :lol:

On bbc as 5 minute separate highlight now... Shows just how dominant we were really. Forest get no more than a couple of attacking moments. Although I'm sure Forest fans think that's just the biased media and their 'Geordie love in' though...

Guest Loven11

On bbc as 5 minute separate highlight now... Shows just how dominant we were really. Forest get no more than a couple of attacking moments. Although I'm sure Forest fans think that's just the biased media and their 'Geordie love in' though...

Man.U fan and a Forest fan at work reckon they were all over us..stupid bastards, obviously weren't even watching the match.

Pleased them Man.U cunts got beat last night, wankers.

Man.U fan and a Forest fan at work reckon they were all over us..stupid bastards, obviously weren't even watching the match.

Pleased them Man.U cunts got beat last night, wankers.

Being as objective as possible, we dominated possession in the first half - we just struggled to make breakthroughs. Seemed like that anyway, don't know that stats.

Guest craggy

Wasn't the greatest perfromance I've seen from us this season but did enough against a team that has done well to get to where they are. Controlled the game and restricted them to very few chances. Williamson and Collo were solid, Jose had a class game and for me is a contender for player of the season. Nolan had a quiet night and Lovenkrands didn't get the luck getting onto the flick ons. Routledge continues to impress me with the way he runs at defenders although I feel he needs to try and hold the ball up more instead of trying to flick it round defenders first time. Gutierrez had a frustrating night but credit to Perch who did a good job containing him. Just need to carry on performing well until the end of the season to make sure we win the league now.

LOL, I just clicked on the link on the Beeb site for the Nottingham Evening Post's match review, here: http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/sport/Report-Newcastle-2-Forest-0/article-1953477-detail/article.html

Talk about a homer, did he watch a different game to me, did he see the match stats ?

IT was unfortunate that, on a night when they tasted what life might be like in the Premiership, Nottingham Forest saw their chances of earning a place in the top flight, at least through automatic promotion, become a little more remote.

The intimidating surrounds of St James' Park, packed with more than 45,000 fans, did little to deter Billy Davies' side who, for long periods, looked as thought they might become the first team to depart the stadium with a full quota of points.

They can, in fact, feel a sense of injustice that they returned south with nothing to show for their efforts.

It may have been their seventh straight away defeat in the Championship – but it was hardly deserved.