Should Harper be our number 1 in the Premier League - Next Season

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye because looking at those 20 clean sheets, he's clearly not good enough... this forum sometimes  :facepalm:

I would hope that we would have someone with more quality in goal next season.  Harper is a little past it now and I think next season, particularly with it being in the EPL, may be 'a season too far'.

Guest Phil K

Voted yes, but personally, I think next season should be the season Harper gradually makes way for either Krul or Forster

Voted yes, but personally, I think next season should be the season Harper gradually makes way for either Krul or Forster

Me too, if we can keep both of them at the club it will be a major triumph, and a departure from the way we normally waste promising young players.

Transiting keepers isn't easily done. It's not outfield players where you can easily give a youngster 7-10 starts and a collection of sub appearances to get him used to the speed and intensity of the top level game instead of the reserves friendlies. It takes a massive amount of confidence from a manager to put his stake on a new keeper and mantain him in his post through the league. In this regard, keeping two ambitious keepers happy is just not possible. I don't see how you can keep Krul since he's not going to play next season unless on loan, and Hughton won't give him the jersey just yet.

On a related subject, I've just seen the Reading goal and I can't see why Harper is getting the blame. It was a reflex save from a point blank header. What's he supposed to do - catch it with one hand?

On a related subject, I've just seen the Reading goal and I can't see why Harper is getting the blame. It was a reflex save from a point blank header. What's he supposed to do - catch it with one hand?

It was just a freak goal, nobody's to blame. And I don't think Harper was blaming anyone either, he was just shrugging his shoulders at how ridiculous it was.

No harm done really, just one of those freak OGs you get now and again.

In an ideal world i'd replace him. And i said that at the start of this season n'all, cos he's not that great. But our priorities lie elsewhere.

Don't think you are quite premier league standard :lol:

but aye, agreed. We have other worries. Midfield takes priority I think.

Harps, Homer, Colo, Jose, DW & ST are a unit now lets not fanny around that much.  A taller right back because Lil Wayne & Homer are a small combo. The search for a player to challange Jose for a 1st team spot should still be on as well as I just dont see Kadar as a LB.

In an ideal world i'd replace him. And i said that at the start of this season n'all, cos he's not that great. But our priorities lie elsewhere.

Don't think you are quite premier league standard :lol:

but aye, agreed. We have other worries. Midfield takes priority I think.

:lol: :lol:

Nice.

I think he deserves it, but it also makes me anxious knowing Krul and Forster are being held back just to accommodate Harper and they wont want to stick around forever.

Think it's too soon to be worrying about that though, Harper is gradually on the way out and Foster and Krul are still very young for goalkeepers.

It was just a freak goal, nobody's to blame. And I don't think Harper was blaming anyone either, he was just shrugging his shoulders at how ridiculous it was.

No harm done really, just one of those freak OGs you get now and again.

I'd have said it was Jose's fault but no-one likes to criticise him. Very unlucky mind.

He's still got a season or two left in him at top flight, but think we should start thinking about bleeding Krul and Forster in, both look like they're gonna be class and don't want to lose them as we're gonna need them both in the long run.

• 1 month later...