Arsenal vs Newcastle - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Given - Simply world class saves. Kicking was shite, though. 9.

Taylor - Annoyed with him, because i thought he had a good game, right up until the most stupid error.  The ball was going nowhere. 6.

Moore - Solid, cut out plenty of balls into the box. One saving diving header across the face of goal, that consequently injured him. 7

Bramble - Solid for the most part, though there were still glimpses of silly errors and some of his sliding tackles were so inaccurate they were laughable. 7.

Ramage - I don't think Ramage had a particularly bad game. He's rubbish in the air, but couldn't really handly Hleb and Walcott. He'll be a decent CB. 6.

Solano - Poor i thought, and anti-climaxed the Nobby-Dyer reunion. Continues to give the ball away cheaply and slow down the play. He should be used as a subsitute where he can actually come on and effect a game (Watford/City). 5.

Parker - Erm. Can't really comment, but he was frustrating with his backward play.

Butt - Can't really comment again, the stream wasn't clear enough to define Parker and Butt.

Duff - Anonymous. Simply anonymous. Play N'Zogbia. 5.

Dyer - Welcome back Kieron. Lovely pieces of play, and he scared the defense at times. Really well taken goal, and he'll destroy Vigo's defense on Thursday. 8.

Martins - Fantastic performance. Lovely touches, great speed, worked well with Dyer, nice turns, nice little passes, held the ball up well - chuffed that he put in such a good performance. If it wasn't for given, he would be my man of the match. 8.

There's a partnership there...

You.

because?

I didn't see any of the game so i can't really argue against your comment but it does seem that pretty much every other poster who did see the game thinks the exact opposite  :lol:

Martins may not of had much end product (which most wouldn't have one their own) but lazy? Whta a load of shite!

...and why does zoggy get booked for "horse-collaring" (barely) and henry gets nowt for doing the same (worse) to bramble--and THEN goes off at the ref!!!??? blueupset.gif

Yup - someone has just mentioned that on the Radio Newcastle phone in. Perhaps today's ref was a homer ?

Chuffed with a point, I suppose. But we definitely rode our luck. If they'd managed to get their finishing together it could've 6-1 easy. But a gutsy, all-hands-to-the-pump performance. Chuffed with--and for--Dyer who I thought looked our only classy player.

Dyer does add a lot to the team in terms of ball possesion and putting pressure on the opposing back 4 occasional (although not too often) coming up with an end product. He would be a benefit to the team and help us get back on track BUT he will be injured again soon.

Guest nufcandy

You.

because?

I didn't see any of the game so i can't really argue against your comment but it does seem that pretty much every other poster who did see the game thinks the exact opposite  :lol:

Martins may not of had much end product (which most wouldn't have one their own) but lazy? Whta a load of shite!

did he chase all over the pitch like dyer did?! and obviously since everyone else who saw the game disagrees with me im wrong?! as for much end product?! try none

Dyer- 9 Saviour of our season tbh.

Oh dear.

Classic. Why is it when people on this board disagree with something they fail to come up with reasons?

Fair enough if you think i'm talking shite. Elaborate?

Care to go first on why you think a player with a sadly extremely unreliable fitness record is the saviour of our season after a single game and goal?

That's more like it!

I think Dyer gives us something that no other player has gave us consistently throughout a match..... energy. So far this season we have looked lethargic and as if we have had one less man on the pitch. As long as Dyer is on the pitch, i feel there is a chance we will score. He opens the game up and plays others into the game. Against Man City he cam on and looked a different level of player, he did the same again today. Should he stay fit, i highley doubt he will get relegated.

You.

because?

I didn't see any of the game so i can't really argue against your comment but it does seem that pretty much every other poster who did see the game thinks the exact opposite :lol:

did he chase all over the pitch like dyer did?! and obviously since everyone else who saw the game disagrees with me im wrong?! as for much end product?! try none

:lol:

He spent most of his time in our half on the ball!  You clearly need your eyes testing, or are lying and didn't actually watch.

You.

because?

Yes. He just didn't drop as deep as Dyer and get involved with the midfield.

Guest nufcandy

why the hell would i lie?! actualy it was the 1st time ive watched the game in the way i did. and ive had my eyes testing recently thanks

You.

because?

It does tend to sway my thinking a little when its like 40-1  bluebiggrin.gif

I only listened but the criticism of Nobby sounds harsh, considering we were away from home he spent 99% of the match defending he seemed to do alright, nothing special admittedly. Mick Lowes went off it at Martins repeatedly, saying "he doesn't even look like he knows where he is" then to come on here and him getting rated at 8's and 9's in a huge extreme. Personally I think Mick Lowes dislikes him intensely, he's always having a dig at him. Can't believe Dyer and Martins lasted the 90 considering they were both supposedly knackered after an hour, can't believe how bland Duff is and I can't believe we just took a point from the Emirates!

If Dyer stays fit, there's no doubt about it - he'll be one of the key figures of us staying up. But saviour of the season? No. It's a team game and we're not a one-man team.

Who else in our team provides the threat he does?

It boils down this: we hardly ever score. Our defence isn't as terrible as people would have you believe, but if we never score, the goals we concede are that much more costly. It may be a bitter pill to swallow for some given his past record/antics, but we do need Dyer right now. It's a team game, oui, but his value to the team at this moment in time outweighs any other at the club IMO including the Givens who can be replaced [e.g by Kruls :D]... Dyer's role in the team is one only he can perform. It's an essential role for us to stay up, and our biggest weakness in his absence.

If Dyer stays fit, there's no doubt about it - he'll be one of the key figures of us staying up. But saviour of the season? No. It's a team game and we're not a one-man team.

Who else in our team provides the threat he does?

It boils down this: we hardly ever score. Our defence isn't as terrible as people would have you believe, but if we never score, the goals we concede are that much more costly. It may be a bitter pill to swallow for some given his past record/antics, but we do need Dyer right now. It's a team game, oui, but his value to the team at this moment in time outweighs any other at the club IMO including the Givens who can be replaced [e.g by Kruls :D]... Dyer's role in the team is one only he can perform. It's an essential role for us to stay up, and our biggest weakness in his absence.

Agreed. :thup:

I thought Dyer and Martins were the only 2 that ran out of defense with the ball and did something with it from what i saw, i started watching from 30 mins onwards. Solano and Milner when coming away from our goal ran into the first Arsenal shirt they saw and lost the ball for it to come straight back to us.  I would prefer to see it clearer on MOTD or football first though.

I think Roeder is right though, Dyer is key to our season and keeping him fit is paramount, he is a propper footballer and we are short on them.

Martisn twists and turns and great he doies impress me, I know alot think he wil lcome to nothign but I have real faith in the lad.