The Liverpool Thread

Parky

This fella loves a f***ing pint, doesn't he ?

Trying to disguise himself, yet spotted at the bar tonight.

The blonde on the right great....great cut of her dress as well.

CQ50ROwWoAA5PwU.jpg

CQ50ROwWoAA5PwU.jpg

Thought Zlatan was playing for Sweden tonight, not in talks with Klopp.

CQ50ROwWoAA5PwU.jpg

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-26056-Antonio-Banderas-reaction-gif-QfwZ.gif

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/09/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-manager-lays-down-law-anfield

“If you have the ball you have to be creative but you have to be prepared that if you lose the ball the counter-pressing is very important."

can we get TCD to sort out this wannabe, pseudo-hipster cunt, and educate him on the nuances of gegenpressing please?

ffs

Klopp said immediately that you can't just come in and say you'll possess ball and all that need to shore up the defensive side and when you do that first, you then get comfortable enough to change things.

Love how he said his style is "wild" and laughed.

Rather see him in the premier than else where tbh and there was a time where he would be a realistic appointment for us unfortunately those days are long gone and we have to accept any yes man that will bow to Ashley's every need!one day we will dream again hopefully sooner rather than later

To be honest, where we are as a club and where I've been left feeling as a fan of this club, means I can't detest Liverpool or be jealous for them having Klopp. We couldn't be further apart in terms of philosophy and aspirations, so there's no point getting wound up by it. We're a complete shell of a club which isn't going to change any time soon, so I'm just looking forward to seeing how Klopp does in the league.

It's amazing that people here rightly moan about status quo, how it's all boring, how 3 of the 4 CL semi-finalists are pretty much decided before it kicks off...how all big teams monopolize all best players, etc and yet say : "It's a disastrous career decision for him. He's so much better than that."

For me the most boring this of modern football is that all the best players/coaches etc go on the usual 3-4 clubs .. Real,PSG,Barca,Bayern ... I miss the old good days when Batistuta played for the Fiorentina...Or when Parma had a boss collection of players.

This is a good move for every football romantic whose love for the game hasn't been eaten alive or eradicated by $$ and formalities yet. This move by Klopp is a slim glimmer of hope that there is still romance, emotion, and novelty left in footy.

For that alone, I applaud Jurgen, and I want him to succeed. Football will be the winner. Nothing to do with Liverpool, even if he had been appointed as manager of Fiorentina/Valencia/St. Ettiene, Vitoria Guimares, Krasnodar, etc I would have said the same.

A great man, taking a lesser side to challenge the status quo and the oil tycoons.

Aye. Because Liverpool haven't spent big sums of money on utter dross, and don't have to spend big again to give him a squad he can work with rather than the current shower of s****. Romance my arse :lol:

Having said that, and regardless of how much I personally can't stand Liverpool and all the sentimental bollocks that comes with it, I don't begrudge the average fan the glimmer of hope they're been given with his appointment. Every football fan deserves hope, as that's the whole reason this sport exists in the first place.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've not seen much of his Dortmund side, but he is obviously good at his job and as an appointment this is a step forward for Liverpool. However, unless he delivers a title or the CL, all the philosophy in the world won't change Liverpool from being just another club outside of the top 4. And I can't see him delivering such success.