The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Didn't Keegan say something strikingly similar?

Yeah. Let's see if their lot turn out to be backstabbing lying cunts.

God, the venom seeping out to the surface of this post :lol: :lol:

LOL.

I can't even hate Liverpool for this. This is massive. Mourinho, Wenger, Klopp & Van Gaal in the league. Next year let's bring in Pep and axe Jose.

I would love for Arsene to beat them all and win the league but I know it won't happen. I can see Arsene carrying on until he's 70. The stubborn cunt.

Guest firetotheworks

Imo there's one player in the entire league who's in the top ten players in the world. We need the players to go with the managers before it becomes an exciting league again.

Imo there's one player in the entire league who's in the top ten players in the world. We need the players to go with the managers before it becomes an exciting league again.

I think that makes it even more exciting. The best players at Chelsea & Man United aren't THAT much better than the best players at Stoke or Crystal Palace. There's loads of really great players across the league without many of the very best.

It makes the league very competitive - far more so than any other top league. It's far less top heavy imo.

Guest firetotheworks

I think that makes it even more exciting. The best players at Chelsea & Man United aren't THAT much better than the best players at Stoke or Crystal Palace. There's loads of really great players across the league without many of the very best.

It makes the league very competitive - far more so than any other top league. It's far less top heavy imo.

Made this point before but the ideal would be a league that's competitive and has quality and I'd take quality over competitiveness if it was a choice between the two. At the moment the league to me is competitive only because the quality is so, so bad.

He's going to be amazing. Just accept it now.

He's energetic, fun, smart and creative. The players will love playing for him.

It's going to be very good stuff for Liverpool.

The team is also not as bad as Brendan had them looking.

He's going to be amazing. Just accept it now.

He's energetic, fun, smart and creative. The players will love playing for him.

It's going to be very good stuff for Liverpool.

The team is also not as bad as Brendan had them looking.

Aye. I was just thinking I bet those players on international duty can't wait to get back to training next week whereas as in the past it was probably a bit of a welcome break.

Liverpool do lack pace out wide though, but won't be surprised if Origi is used there in the meantime, in the same way Klopp utilised Aubameyang wide for Dortmund.

I just wonder what he'll do when he has Sturridge and Benteke fit. Did he always play one up top in Germany?

Made this point before but the ideal would be a league that's competitive and has quality and I'd take quality over competitiveness if it was a choice between the two. At the moment the league to me is competitive only because the quality is so, so bad.

But there's plenty of quality individuals and pieces of play.

I only follow La Liga otherwise. What's made it so fun recently is it seems Barca & Real have started slowly it's more interesting as a league. What makes that league so brilliant is the Real vs Sevilla, Barca vs Valencia games but there's not many. Real for example seemed to spank most teams 3 or 4 under Ancelotti --- to the detriment of the fun of the overall league.

the fact that teams like Arsenal and Man U have so much quality yet aren't very good teams makes the league a great watch this season.

I only follow La Liga otherwise. What's made it so fun recently is it seems Barca & Real have started slowly it's more interesting as a league. What makes that league so brilliant is the Real vs Sevilla, Barca vs Valencia games but there's not many. Real for example seemed to spank most teams 3 or 4 under Ancelotti --- to the detriment of the fun of the overall league.

the fact that teams like Arsenal and Man U have so much quality yet aren't very good teams makes the league a great watch this season.

Real never won the league under Ancelotti so its a weird example to give about league dominance.

Real never won the league under Ancelotti so its a weird example to give about league dominance.

That's partly the point. And what I said is still true. Won the league once in 5 or 6 years. With an average of 90 something points. Won 30 league games last season. Averaged over 3 goals a game.

There's a very small number of teams in that division that are just sooo fucking good. Most weeks, I just tuned in to see Barca/Real smash some poor team to pieces. Great to admire those teams. It doesn't make the overall league enjoyable.

This season, they've both dipped a bit. It's no longer as fun to watch Real/Barca (fucking Rafa man) but the league so far, is more interesting IMO.

LOL.

I can't even hate Liverpool for this. This is massive. Mourinho, Wenger, Klopp & Van Gaal in the league. Next year let's bring in Pep and axe Jose.

I would love for my lovely Pards to beat them all and win the league but I know it won't happen. I can see Alan carrying on until he's 70. The never say die  lovely.

I'm jealous as f***, he's my favorite manager right now - his enthusiasm, his demeanor and philosophy on football are mad as f*** and I love it. He makes Liverpool bearable to me now.

I can't help but think he'd be perfect here under the right owner, he'd only have 1 or 2 other places where he'd be worshiped like he was at Dorttmund, and perhaps even greater at Newcastle.

For Christ sake when they had that awful run last year he and the players went out there and apologized to the fans...they faced the noise at the stadium. He reminds me of an old school football romantic like Keegan and for that, he'd have been a legend if we ever had him as our manager.