Would you be happy if Bellamy returned? Well tough tits, he's gone to Cardiff

tgarve
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bellamy caused so many problems before Souness, he and a lot of players got away with murder under Bobby. We needed someone that could discipline the squad, but not in the manner that Souness decided to go about doing it.

Unfortunately for us, Bellamy came across someone who was just as much an arse hole as he was and they were both too stubborn to try and help each other out for the benefit of the club. Bellamy was every bit to blame, if not more, for the manner of his leaving as he was the problem.

Guest firetotheworks

It's the managers responsibility, and unfortunately Souness caused more problems than he solved. 'That's the price on the ticket' as Souness himself would say.

No doubt he is a great player especially for his age - underrated in the City team.

Despite this, his past history in the team worries me, regardless who was responsible. Somewhat nervous about a 31 y/o signing as I would rather a younger player. I would be disappointed that the club didn't aspire to a more promising signing.

It's the managers responsibility, and unfortunately Souness caused more problems than he solved. 'That's the price on the ticket' as Souness himself would say.

Forcing him to do what he was (very well) paid for? Forcing him to feign injury (as he himself acknowledged)? Forced him to batter girls in Cardiff? Smack chairs over peoples heads? Text former colleagues laughing at us after a semi final? etc etc etc

Yeah, invite him back.

Bloke has no style and hopefully no knees very shortly.

Cronky has an interesting point about disrupting the team, but that would apply to any high-quality signing to a certain extent. Players have to learn to accept new additions to the squad, ideally ones that are better than them.

That's true. However, star players coming in do need to treat the others with tact and respect, particularly in this situation where players who fought to get us up are being displaced and there's already a well-established team identity.

I'm not confident that Bellamy has the adaptability to do that. This larger than life, stroppy persona seems to be an important part of his make-up.

He's a great player for sure, but it's all about the right signing at the right time.

Its a one of those aint it, he would improve us no doubt about that but is he more trouble than he is worth, do we not have enough of those problem players?

Team spirit is massive for us and he can destroy that in an instant.

I heavily dislike Craig Bellamy, but the idea that anyone would be unhappy at the club signing a player that vastly improves our chances of staying up is mad.

Well, the debate is about whether in reality he would improve our chances of staying up. You only have to look at England's performances in the World Cup to see the effects of friction in the squad.

He's immense, a great talent. Getting rid of him was one of the biggest mistakes in the club's recent history

You think we should keep players who go on TV and call the manager a liar? I don't think there was any way back for him after that.

He loved the club

:lol:

I don't think he's ever done something similar about another manager. Souness lied to him, yes he shouldn't have "aired our dirty linen", but by the same token Bellamy should have been given his rightful place up front based on his performances in a black and white shirt. With any manager worth his salt in the position the situation never would have occurred anyway - as someone else pointed out, he likely got away with murder under Bobby but that's because Bobby had a better approach to handling him, made sure nothing could get out and directly spoke to Bellamy about his behaviour.

Bellamy's a prick, no doubt about it. But he never said anything that wasn't true. I blame souness 98% for the whole thing. He knew if he wound him up then bellamy would talk himself out of a job.

I'd have him back in a second. In fact if i heard he was coming back i'd bat one off, even if i was in thorntons at the time.

Guest Ebolarama

Better player than anyone we've currently got. Would take him in a heartbeat, has what it takes to play at the top level.

This.

Guest GLENEAGLE

Would anyone think it could be a good move?

Its a whole new staff setup, different players, manager and chairman etc. Lets forget the past perhaps and get him in. Anyone??