Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest hatem garrincha

Forum namechange to Newcastle Connectés

"Chateau Neuf En Ligne"

Avouez Monsieur le modérateur général - et traducteur de la "presse" sportive française - que vous avez très envie de vous lancer dans une discussion technico-tactique en français  :)

Je me tiens à votre disposition si c'était le cas et Sifu traduirait nos échanges.

Forum namechange to Newcastle Connectés

"Chateau Neuf En Ligne"

Avouez Monsieur le modérateur général - et traducteur de la "presse" sportive française - que vous avez très envie de vous lancer dans une discussion technico-tactique en français  :)

Je me tiens à votre disposition si c'était le cas et Sifu traduirait nos échanges.

En fait, Optimistic Nut est anglais. Alors ma participation n'est pas nécessaire! (Mais si vous avez des problèmes en ce qui concerne les phrases anglaises ou vous avez besoin d'une traduction (n'importe quoi!) je peux vous aider).

Not been so excited about the potential of our team for a very long time. We have some very talented players and if we can take our momentum through to our upcoming fixtures and pick up the points we could find ourselves still looking pretty come January 1st.

Granted we wont finish top 6, maybe not top 8 or 10 but the fixture list has been kind in a way that we can potentially still be in the top 8 come January, which will give us a fantastic opportunity to strengthen the team and really try and sustain our position.

Players will see the potential and our league position and that would be a huge pull. Whether we invest of course is a completely different matter. We could certainly have the chance to do that though thinking positively!

A high quality Striker and RB would be fantastic. LB, CB and DM cover wouldnt go a miss either.

On a downer, just imagine how we would be looking had we kept Enrique, Carroll and Barton. As mentioned i think we are surviving and flourishing quite well without all three and Nolan.

The danger is reading the press hype building us up without looking at the fixtures that we have had. In all honesty we have done well to be where we are but I would also expect us to be in the same place. The worst is still to come fixture wise and the press have predictably built us up so when our tough patch hits we will go into meltdown.

home games key for me, with the attacking talent we have we should be going out and looking to fucking destroy teams from the lower half of the table and any potential rivals at home, this has been a downfall of ours since bobby's teams imo

spurs and everton have been good at it in recent years, beating those around and below them especially at home

do that and everything else will fall into place for a good season

we finally have the attacking talent to break teams down as well :thup:

Just before Ben Arfa plays the ball out to Marveux for the first goal. No wonder Marv is so alone on the left flank, they've got four players defending against Hatem.

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6223/unledqky.jpg

Just seen the highlights on NUFCTV.  Just before he pings it out to Marv he has a few neat touches and goes forward with ease.  His run to set up Lover in the second half is riduclous as well.

Playing him in the false 9 position is the way forward.  Got cover for both flanks now and we're short of decent strikers.

I'd kind of love him to be a proper false no 9, we'd be suddenly quite cutting edge tactically heh. Rooney and Aguero are probably only other players in league who could and they don't play like that at the moment heh though Rooney in particular does drag the defence about a bit.

Guest mimifrench

Can someone, who watch the highlights, tell me if HBA get tackled in the Forest game please ?

And did he seem to have lost his pace/quickness with the ball ?

Can someone, who watch the highlights, tell me if HBA get tackled in the Forest game please ?

In the highlights on our official page, he doesn't receive a heavy tackle. He only features in three short clips though, so it's hardly anything to go by.

His run in the second half to set up Lövenkrands proved that he's still got that quickness. Goes from jogging to full speed in a couple of steps, really impressive.

Guest mimifrench

In the highlights on our official page, he doesn't receive a heavy tackle. He only features in three short clips though, so it's hardly anything to go by.

His run in the second half to set up Lövenkrands proved that he's still got that quickness. Goes from jogging to full speed in a couple of steps, really impressive.

Thanks. I feared he lost some pace. Because before his injury he was very quick with the ball on his feet and had a very good acceleration...

Ah, and i heard he wanted to take the penalty on Tuesday but Lovenkrands didn't let him... it proves that he wants to score quickly and to take up with Newcastle fans again.

Hope we'll see him on Saturday (behind Ba hopefully) !