Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

i dont think he'll start against Spurs tbh. Think Ba will partner Best again.

I think in theory we'd do better against them with HBA in there, but in practice he's coming back from almost a year out. someone like ramsey had to go on loan to a lower league for a while to get back, Eduardo never really reached the heights he did previously. even though he's had training and a couple of games there's still a long way to go.

If not confiance he will leave .Ben arfa don't support the bench he wants play

he could go to a big club but he knew he would often be on the bench

hopefully hatem's not as stupid as you.

Guest benarfaNUFC

What so he would leave because he is on the bench for one match ? Even when coming back from Injury ?

You know the story of Ben Arfa is more talented in France but never allowed to do an entire season (om ol coach fight..)  him his dream of playing is just a playmaker season if nufc does not leave it.I understand your reasoning but it does not bear false travel or not to play with the reserve.

If you trust they will reward you

he was like cantona he walks to the trust

When he arrived at the om he was the best for 4 months and then the coach has put rempalcer a match but that was the big game ever since Ben Arfa n'ra been the same.

What so he would leave because he is on the bench for one match ? Even when coming back from Injury ?

You know the story of Ben Arfa is more talented in France but never allowed to do an entire season (om ol coach fight..)  him his dream of playing is just a playmaker season if nufc does not leave it.I understand your reasoning but it does not bear false travel or not to play with the reserve.

If you trust they will reward you

he was like cantona he walks to the trust

When he arrived at the om he was the best for 4 months and then the coach has put rempalcer a match but that was the big game ever since Ben Arfa n'ra been the same.

I reckon Pardew's LONG term plan is to start Ben Arfa in the number 10 role. Stop worrying. :)

I think Ben Arfa should be starting sooner rather than later mind.

Guest magpie99

I think he will start on sunday and get at least 70 minutes before he tires and we change things around. We would be very unwise to go in against a very competent Spurs side in a 442 formation.

My team to start:

(4231)  Krul: Simpson, Saylor, Colo, Raylor: Tiote, Cabaye: Obertan, Ben Arfa, Guttierez: Ba

Substitutions: Marveaux for Ben Arfa 70 mins, Santon for Raylor 70 mins, Sameobi for Guttierrez 80 mins (Jonas will have had a tough journey home from SA)

He won't be on the bench, he's one of our best players.

He's just returned from injury and we're doing very well, so we haven't rushed him back.  Everyone wants and expects him to start on Sunday.

I don't. I want and expect him to be a regular starter soon, but not beginning on Sunday.

Guest reefatoon

He won't be on the bench, he's one of our best players.

He's just returned from injury and we're doing very well, so we haven't rushed him back.  Everyone wants and expects him to start on Sunday.

I don't. I want and expect him to be a regular starter soon, but not beginning on Sunday.

I agree.  I think it would be real bad man management to drop anyone at the moment, this team has got us in 4th place, unbeaten and the best defensive record in the league, doesn't matter who the players are at the minute, it would be criminal to drop any of them.  You have to play on the team's confidence and not change a winning team.  Players are just going to have to bide their time and then take their chance when put in the first team (like Ba has).  Had me a little baffled when I have seen all these team changes people want for Sunday's game.  Pardew will keep the same team for Sunday.

I think we need to take our time with him and not get pissed off with Pardew or any player that is starting instead. It was obvious that he was going to come back from a very bad injury and not play in every match straight away.

We need to do what is best for the team, and that is bedding him back in slowly and waiting for him to be ready. That is the best interests for everyone. Time to ignore the Ben Arfa fans as they are not interested in what is best for the club, their true interest is only in seeing Hatem playing for us much like those Kluivert fans. Not long before they start randomly attacking players that are playing instead, mimifrench was questioning the point of Jonas the other day.

I think we need to take our time with him and not get p*ssed off with Pardew or any player that is starting instead. It was obvious that he was going to come back from a very bad injury and not play in every match straight away.

We need to do what is best for the team, and that is bedding him back in slowly and waiting for him to be ready. That is the best interests for everyone. Time to ignore the Ben Arfa fans as they are not interested in what is best for the club, their true interest is only in seeing Hatem playing for us much like those Kluivert fans. Not long before they start randomly attacking players that are playing instead, mimifrench was questioning the point of Jonas the other day.

Agree with this, the Barfa fans boys/girls are getting a bit tiring. Yes he is the best player we have now but it's not like we never had great players playing for us before. Shearer played for us and as far as I am concerned, is a legend and belongs to an elite class of players, yet even he had to be slowly introduced back into the team after his injury.

The only way Ben Arfa will be guaranteed to start every game is if he joins a low standard team. If he's got any sense he'll wait until the results dip before making any waves. With some pretty tough fixtures coming up I'm sure he'll get his chance, and if he doesn't that means the current team is still winning. If that's the reason he's not in the team I won't be complaining.

Isn't any talk about Ben Arfa being unhappy and/or annoyed because he isn't starting total bollocks of the highest order?

Sorry if I've missed something, but aren't we just managing his return from injury? Surely it's a great thing that we haven't had to rush him into the team because we've started the season so well?

I think we need to take our time with him and not get p*ssed off with Pardew or any player that is starting instead. It was obvious that he was going to come back from a very bad injury and not play in every match straight away.

Agree with this, the Barfa fans boys/girls are getting a bit tiring. Yes he is the best player we have now but it's not like we never had great players playing for us before. Shearer played for us and as far as I am concerned, is a legend and belongs to an elite class of players, yet even he had to be slowly introduced back into the team after his injury.

Shearer was normally straight back into the team after an injury.

Guest hatem garrincha

they are not interested in what is best for the club, their true interest is only in seeing Hatem playing

Totally wrong for the first part, partially right for the second...

Anyway, I see a conflict in your sentence...and you're "judging" persons that you don't really know

Otherwise, I'm not here to annoy people... so, thank you all for the nice moments and goodbye (i will continue to come here, but discreetly and...silently  :lol:)

they are not interested in what is best for the club, their true interest is only in seeing Hatem playing

Totally wrong for the first part, partially right for the second...

Anyway, I see a conflict in your sentence...and you're "judging" persons that you don't really know

Otherwise, I'm not here to annoy people... so, thank you all for the nice moments and goodbye (i will continue to come here, but discreetly and...silently  :lol:)

I enjoy reading all the French input. Don't stop posting on account of a couple of idiots that can't comprehend the idea of a forum.

Isn't any talk about Ben Arfa being unhappy and/or annoyed because he isn't starting total bollocks of the highest order?

Sorry if I've missed something, but aren't we just managing his return from injury? Surely it's a great thing that we haven't had to rush him into the team because we've started the season so well?

Spot on, there's some absolute fucking nonsense being posted about this. The lad is being handled properly and to boot we're on an unbeaten run so haven't had to force the issue.

I think one of the problems (this is an explanation for you francophones) is that when someone criticises you, you take it personally.

I'm not sure whether this is a British trait, it's certainly something I'm aware of but in general we take the piss out of each other as much as we can or, if we don't agree with someone we rip them apart for it. I think a lot of other places deal with it by having a reasoned debate but on this forum and on a lot of english-speaking forums, people just want to say a funny line or take the piss.

If you look at other people on this forum, some get a shitload of abuse but are English and because they're used to it, it doesn't mean anything to them.

What I would say is this though, if you don't like that form of interaction it probably is best not to post anymore rather than derail threads with talk of quitting. Not saying it's your fault but let's keep the focus on Ben Arfa and his return.

I can't wait to see him back to his best, he has had a massive impact on us in terms of making us a more attractive option on the continent and he is the one player that I think most other teams will really fear. He may not have the consistency of a Coloccini or Tiote, but he has a quality that no one else can match in our squad and in most teams in the PL

Guest benarfaNUFC

I don't mind the french input at all either, it was just all the talk that not starting him against Tottenham was a disaster a terrible idea.

If Ben arfa not starting him against Tottenham was a disaster a terrible idea for him .I was just saying that Pardew has to be careful Ben Arfa is temperamental it can not stand to be on the bench or his desire to get away from the om and not in a club like milan

When is he due back at the club? Can't see him starting on Sunday but he has to come on regardless. Would be completely stupid to look after him so well whilst he was injured and then balls it up once he's fit.

He's back. Trained today.