Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest bimpy474

Said on a number of occasions when watching you that I think he's grossly overrated, but he was very good today I thought. A big factor behind your win.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/bla%20bla%20bla/grand/whitney-houston-bla-bla-bla-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-280.gif

Couple of moments where he held onto the ball far too long under pressure, I remember one occasion where he could've lost it on the edge of our box and one where he chose to carry the ball into the middle of three of their players. Other than that, a much better performance from him.

Plus his hair looks like a sponge now.

He won't be brilliant if he tries to do it all on his own and picks up a booking every week.

You'd hope that won't be the case though.

Jesus Lord give me strength ...

Why would he try to do it on his own with Cabaye and Sissoko in the midfield with him?

People are being way to harsh with Tiote. At least he isn't a coward, shirking responsibility. He actually tries to make things happen.

Not his fault he was being played in a midfield two with inexperienced partners while Cabaye was out.

He's at his best in a midfield three, and will give pass the ball well, and on time when people show for it.

Have people forgotten how bad our movement was when Ba and Cisse were being played up top in a 4-4-2?

I will bump this thread continuously to show up all you doubters when he comes back and is outstanding!

Bump.