Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Richardson said: “The (Newcastle) dressing room - basically I know there’s a few bad eggs in there.

“Steve McClaren knows who they are, he wants to get them out, but it’s harder to do that because they’re on bloated wages. Basically there’s a lot of poison there.

Can you imagine Alex Ferguson or Mourinho allowing a few bad eggs to poison the atmosphere? Those players would be forced to train with the reserves and sidelined until they could be binned. If Richardson is right about what McClaren privately thinks then he's just coming across as a weak manager.

He's probably been told unless we find a buyer they must stay.

SAF had the power to sell whoever he wanted.

Richardson said: “The (Newcastle) dressing room - basically I know there’s a few bad eggs in there.

“Steve McClaren knows who they are, he wants to get them out, but it’s harder to do that because they’re on bloated wages. Basically there’s a lot of poison there.

Can you imagine Alex Ferguson or Mourinho allowing a few bad eggs to poison the atmosphere? Those players would be forced to train with the reserves and sidelined until they could be binned. If Richardson is right about what McClaren privately thinks then he's just coming across as a weak manager.

That doesn't mean they need to be around the rest of the squad if they are poisoning the atmosphere. They should be made to train separately from the first team squad, there's always a way for a strong manager to stamp his authority behind the scenes. This excuse being peddled to the media seems like a cop out to me.

This is what happens when the players that are promised moves to 'big clubs' in 1-2 years don't materialise. Who'd have guessed?

Apart from the CL clubs this is an issue for most of the teams in the premier, even Spurs and Liverpool to some extent. They still manage to win some games and look like they give a toss. Yes Ashley is the source of it, but this season the manager can't really use that excuse.

That doesn't mean they need to be around the rest of the squad if they are poisoning the atmosphere. They should be made to train separately from the first team squad, there's always a way for a strong manager to stamp his authority behind the scenes. This excuse being peddled to the media seems like a cop out to me.

But they weren't replaced in the squad either. Sold Abeid meaning Tiote is a back-up player at the very least. Didn't get Austin so Cisse is the alternative striker, an important role.

But they weren't replaced in the squad either. Sold Abeid meaning Tiote is a back-up player at the very least. Didn't get Austin so Cisse is the alternative striker, an important role.

So that makes the decision to sell Abeid even more ridiculous. Also if you are going to consider these players as important back up players then it's pointless calling them bad eggs. It just doesn't add up.

So that makes the decision to sell Abeid even more ridiculous. Also if you are going to consider these players as important back up players then it's pointless calling them bad eggs. It just doesn't add up.

Yes it does. Didn't make any sense at the time. The Tiote stuff is new to me. But Cisse's problems have been well documented.

We've lacked a British heart and spine for some time and we suffer for it. People dismiss it and point towards Colback and Taylor as an example of why we don't need it but it's irrevlant, we need quality British players, not just British players. That seems to get lost on a few.

Noble isn't the greatest player in the world but he'd walk in to this team, if only Colback was as good as him we'd have somewhere to start.

We need to go all out and bring in two or three very good British players, at least one with some leadership qualities. I think then we'd see a better core for foriegn talent to settle around and improve. Gone are the days you buy foriegn to add another dimension, now you buy foriegn because it's cheap, we've done too much of this then try to fill in the gaps with average to poor British players. Of course it's not working, it never really has

Also whoever said Carr is buying players not suited for the league is correct. We need more mentally mature players with physical attributes that stand out. Too many shandy balls groomed to an inch of their lives are arriving who care more about having the status of a footballer rather than playing it.

The balance of this club is fucked up, no doubt they try and fix that by going cheap on the continent again and not actually address any of the issues. The one area we didn't need English was the manager, but the stupid fuckers went there any way. We have no heart, no leader, no fight or character, I said many moons ago I can't identify with the club, it's not what it has always represented and of course this latest batch of players feel the same, but shit doesn't work out they move on, if not they refuse to play or stroll around not giving a fuck because there's no one in the dressing room ready to nail the fuckers to the wall for taking the piss.

Shearer, speed, Nolan, Barton, Harper, even Bellamy would have knocked the fuck out of cisse for his performances this season while Tiote would have been driven out the club. Instead no balls colo only cares about what he takes home and once we stop paying him more than any one else will he's off.

If the rumours from the weekend turned out to be OTT and he's in a decent headspace, I'd chuck him in. He's shit but probably just a bit less shit than the others and he doesn't hide and plays with a modicum of passion. It mightn't be fashionable to admit it but we do need some fighters in there because it's not going to be skill that gets us out of this mess.

• 2 weeks later...