Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

No doubt that him alone will win us plenty of points.

You just noticed today that both Nolan and Guthrie moved forward and when the ball was lost there was nothing in between defence and midfield.

Us to beat Arsenal 3-1 with Tiote back and having Cesc in his pocket. (literally :lol:)

No doubt that him alone will win us plenty of points.

You just noticed today that both Nolan and Guthrie moved forward and when the ball was lost there was nothing in between defence and midfield.

Us to beat Arsenal 3-1 with Tiote back and having Cesc in his pocket. (literally :lol:)

I like him too, but we need someone to at least threaten the Arsenal defence with a goal... Good as he is, I doubt Nolan can manage that on his own.

Midfield isn't our main problem though, as bad as it was tonight. When we're playing the ball into best / ranger and they're always second to the ball it's like playing with 9 men. You could actually see barton losing his rag with best at one point. With them two and loven up front for the remainder of the season we're fucked!

We need to condense the play, which starts with the midfield.

The problem with having strikers like Ranger and Best isloated up front, is they basically chase everything indiscriminately. Getting midfielders up there to support is paramount in our current state of depletion.

Guest TrueToon

I'm affraid although Tiote does a brilliant job for us in midfield.It doesn't change our striking options,One thing it may do though is give Nolan licence to push forward,As against Fulham he played very deep,Obviously tactical.

THANK FUCK HE IS BACK!!

I reckon there's a very high chance he'll be sent off against Arsenal.

If they bring their own ref there's every chance since we know they don't like being tackled

Midfield isn't our main problem though, as bad as it was tonight. When we're playing the ball into best / ranger and they're always second to the ball it's like playing with 9 men. You could actually see barton losing his rag with best at one point. With them two and loven up front for the remainder of the season we're fucked!

Midfield is the problem man. They had no athleticism and no ideas last night, the main reason the balls weren't sticking up front was the terrible quality of the forward passes - they were mostly aimless punts from inside our own half.

Lovenkrandts made some good runs actua

Midfield isn't our main problem though, as bad as it was tonight. When we're playing the ball into best / ranger and they're always second to the ball it's like playing with 9 men. You could actually see barton losing his rag with best at one point. With them two and loven up front for the remainder of the season we're f***ed!

Midfield is the problem man. They had no athleticism and no ideas last night, the main reason the balls weren't sticking up front was the terrible quality of the forward passes - they were mostly aimless punts from inside our own half.

Lovenkrandts made some good runs but never get found (debatable if he could finish them mind)

I'm affraid although Tiote does a brilliant job for us in midfield.It doesn't change our striking options,One thing it may do though is give Nolan licence to push forward,As against Fulham he played very deep,Obviously tactical.

improves our defence as you said gives nolan more freedom to go forward but also gives barton more freedom to go wider, cut inside too much to help our cms vs fulham

improves our defence as you said gives nolan more freedom to go forward but also gives barton more freedom to go wider, cut inside too much to help our cms vs fulham

Yeah, exactly, I firmly believe we'd have got at least a point against Fulham if Tiote had been playing, probably 3.

Out strikers are poor but if you give some decent supply and chances to Nolan, Ranger, Best and Lovenkrands they will get a few goals between them. The midfield is the key to the rest of our season.

The man is thankfully back, I reckon he'll show his true striking colours and score an hat trick as well sticking an assist for Lone Ranger upfront

:tiote: The game is back on