Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

£60k is far too much, if it's true.  Someone will no doubt pay him what he wants though, that's the problem.

That said, he should have been on the transfer list at the start of the summer when fit, not less than a week before the transfer deadline with a fucked shoulder.  Massive fuck up by the club (& not for the first time)

Be surprised if we manage to sell him (a) before next week or even (b) in January.

Aye agree with that.

He's our best center back by miles

:facepalm:

People have forgotten just how piss poor Colo was when we got relegated, at one point Taylor was the only player who was giving us a fighting chance against going down, Willo has been decent indeed but he's not by any means proved in the EPL, just because we've beaten Villa 6-0 dosn't mean their going to keep doing this all season, Sol Campbell is 35 and i still not match fit, so i'd pretty much rather have our one proven premier league center back than any of those 3.

It's difficult to judge a player based on their first season though, you definitely need a lot of time to settle in and he really got dropped in at the deep-end. Judge him now he's been at the club for a while.

What is he on now? if the £40k offer is an increase he must be asking for fkn double his wages with the £60k demand.

Pathetic of him really, I just hope they find a middle ground but not £50k,

first 2 years at £40k and then an increase IF he stays fit and plays a big enough part for the first 2 years.

Hughton's contract negotiations are reported to have stalled as hes not happy with what hes been offered

And the entire squad are reported to be unhappy about their bonuses from last season

Carroll's contract talks are reported to have been stalled by agent's demands.

Now Taylor has been transfer listed over his contract

Of the 4 Taylor is by far the easiest for the board to make an example of - hes by no means indispensable. Anyone think thats why this is one of the few disputes the board have chosen to make public this summer? Im sure he could have been moved on without publicly placing him on the transfer list, there is regularly talk of interest in him.

Where the hell are you getting this info from?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

People have forgotten just how piss poor Colo was when we got relegated, at one point Taylor was the only player who was giving us a fighting chance against going down, Willo has been decent indeed but he's not by any means proved in the EPL, just because we've beaten Villa 6-0 dosn't mean their going to keep doing this all season, Sol Campbell is 35 and i still not match fit, so i'd pretty much rather have our one proven premier league center back than any of those 3.

Wasn't Colo shit in most of the games he played alongside Taylor, and reasonably decent when he played alongside ANYONE else?

All Taylor has proven is that he is distinctly average.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Could we not tempt Blackburn to buy him?  You know Big fat sam loves a CB.

Big Sam didn't rate him, if I remember correctly.

We already have a minimum wage, low though it is. I see no reason in these terrible economic times why there shouldnt also be a maximum one.

I can think of no more deserving group of people for the initial imposition of this than professional footballers like Mr. Taylor.

It should be less than 10K week.

Give their extra money to grass roots football or the schools building programme.

It wont happen of course but it should if we were going to sort the country out fairly.