Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He can't be allowed to go for nowt in the summer. I know he's holding all of the cards but if the arsehole isn't going to sign then he needs to be forced out of the club for as much as we can get. Fuck him.

Agreed, he isn't important enough to just let his contract run down for me.

I know it's probably "pie in the sky" but I think we should be looking at other clubs with players in the same position and proposing a swap deal to ensure we get the most out of him. Like Seb Larsson (broken record).

Colo's on £85,000 a week too   :kinnear:

Whatever he's on that contract was handed out during Ashley's initial big spending phase which ended with us getting relegated. I don't know why people keep chiming in with Colo's supposed wages, does anybody seriously think when his contract is up he'll get that sort of money again? At least Colo's a foreign mercenary and stays fit. What's local lad Taylor's excuse for wanting to screw his home town club?

Colo's hardly a mercenary.

“At the end of a player’s career, the only thing that counts is their checking account, they don’t feed themselves with cups neither with medals, and I fear he could miss the contract of his life.

“The pay rise is very important for Fabricio,” he added. “Here (in Spain) you have a better life, but a player’s career is very short"

- Colocinni's agent around the time he was threatening that he'd leave Depo the following season on a Webster if they didn't let him leave to come here.

Some papers are reporting he's agreed a (guess) 5 and a half year deal(!).

Good news if true.

Only if it's on the right money.

I doubt we'd have offered him over the odds to be honest.

This guy is a world class clapper.  I've never seen somebody so talented at clapping at the crowd.  Give him a raise.

I've never been particularly impressed with him.  He always strikes me as one of those desperate gambit last ditch tackle defenders, because his positioning can be real shit.  I wouldn't be terribly upset to see the back of him.  And his little die for the badge act for some reason irritates the piss out of me. 

Colo's on £85,000 a week too   :kinnear:

Whatever he's on that contract was handed out during Ashley's initial big spending phase which ended with us getting relegated. I don't know why people keep chiming in with Colo's supposed wages, does anybody seriously think when his contract is up he'll get that sort of money again? At least Colo's a foreign mercenary and stays fit. What's local lad Taylor's excuse for wanting to screw his home town club?

Colo's hardly a mercenary.

“At the end of a player’s career, the only thing that counts is their checking account, they don’t feed themselves with cups neither with medals, and I fear he could miss the contract of his life.

“The pay rise is very important for Fabricio,” he added. “Here (in Spain) you have a better life, but a player’s career is very short"

- Colocinni's agent around the time he was threatening that he'd leave Depo the following season on a Webster if they didn't let him leave to come here.

Like I said I don't know why people keep chiming in with what Colo's getting paid, unless there's some way we can get in a time machine and go back and renegotiate his contract. Otherwise we should look at what we were paying Michael owen and on that basis quadruple Andy Carroll's wages.

This guy is a world class clapper.  I've never seen somebody so talented at clapping at the crowd.  Give him a raise.

Don't forget the pointing when we concede a throw-in near the box, and the "come to!" pulling motion he does when he comes out with the ball and wants an option.

I've never been particularly impressed with him.  He always strikes me as one of those desperate gambit last ditch tackle defenders, because his positioning can be real shit.

Basically sounds like Smith that.

Clearly, yet again, the first half of last season, when Taylor was pretty much flawless, escapes people's memories.

Anyway, absolutely nothing has been agreed as barely any talks have taken place, although a meeting is supposedly scheduled for Wednesday, says my mate in the know.

I think I know what his problem is.  He spent 94% of the time practicing footballing cliches, 5% of the time averting blame, and 1% of the time actually working on positioning and technique. 

Scouts saw him and said,"This kid points and claps with the best of 'em.  A legend in the making." 

Somebody should make a Youtube video of his best moments of pointing and clapping to the tune of 'You're the Best Around'.

Clearly, yet again, the first half of last season, when Taylor was pretty much flawless, escapes people's memories.

Anyway, absolutely nothing has been agreed as barely any talks have taken place, although a meeting is supposedly scheduled for Wednesday, says my mate in the know.

It certainly hasn't escaped mine. He coasted through the first part of last season. It looked far too easy for him at times.

However, what sticks into people's minds are the years of waiting for him to deliver on his potential. The numerous articles in the Chronicle stating how he's going to do this and that, without delivering. The endless quotes from Alf Taylor in the Chronicle.

The years of cowardice on the pitch, by pointing at others to try and divert attention away from the fact he was the one that let the opposition player drift off in the first place.

The amount of sub-standard performances from him when he's been played at centre half in the Premiership.

I'm fully aware people will say he hasn't had a settled partner and has played with some piss poor protection in front of him. That never harmed Bassong in his season with us though.

You can't blame people for being at the end of their tether with him. Especially if the rumours of his apparent wage demands are true.

Finally some quotes!

“It has been a difficult year for me with injuries, but it looks as if it could be finishing on a high,” said Taylor, who has now set his sights on Manchester City on Boxing Day after his magnificent performance in the 3-1 demolition of Liverpool.

“I have been very impressed with the new manager. Since he came in he has been absolutely spot on. Within a day or two of him arriving, he sat me down in his office and made it clear he wants me to be here. He just wants to get the ball rolling.

“For me, he has been first class. It was just what I needed. He is a man’s man and I have a lot of respect for him and I know that all the players feel the same way about him.

“There was a lot going on when he first arrived and no one really knew how to take him, but from the first time he met us the way he has come across to the players, he has been absolutely unbelievable.

“The training sessions have been fantastic and it’s fair to say the players have taken an instant shine to him.

“It was music to my ears when he told me he wanted me to stay. That’s the best possible thing that could have happened to me.”

Link: http://www.express.co.uk/