Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I mean, he should be in the England squad, as the England squad is s***.

It's not great news for us though. Injured before the end of March whilst training for a battle against the mighty San Marino.

That would be terrible news, also though getting a call up would be a great honour for him and having a geordie in the squad would b super.

He will probally learn from playing with the likes of cole and... wait just cole.

He needs to stay fit anyway to prove he can be a consistent starter so we can rely on him

"It would be great to get back into the England squad and like any Englishman to represent your country would be the pinnacle of your career," Taylor told Sky Sports.

"It has been a frustrating time for me with the injuries and time out of action, but now I am fit and feeling good.

"All the talk of playing for England is flattering, but first and foremost I want to help Newcastle and do my best for the club."

:lol:

Loves a good feeling.

I mean, he should be in the England squad, as the England squad is s***.

It's not great news for us though. Injured before the end of March whilst training for a battle against the mighty San Marino.

That would be terrible news, also though getting a call up would be a great honour for him and having a geordie in the squad would b super.

He will probally learn from playing with the likes of cole and... wait just cole.

He needs to stay fit anyway to prove he can be a consistent starter so we can rely on him

the club needs to work out if he's been unlucky with injuries or is injury prone.

done for the first goal, not close enough and following the player too much.

I don't entirely blame him, watching the replay he was caught between 2 players as Scheiderlin ran into the box late on, personally I put half of the blame on midfield failing to pick up the runner.

He's still not good enough against better opposition. He likes to sit back and invite pressure, which is against the team ethos and causes problems for other players. He's been all right since he's been back but he's not as good as he was last season. I'd rather see him be a backup permanently and have Colo and YM as the starters.

It's also noticeable that he backs off against many players because he's scared of them taking him on because he's not agile enough. I think slimming down would help a lot. He should look at a similar build to Vidic and Terry, both were strong, relatively slow players who could defend pacier players because they were agile enough to defend attackers intimately.

He's still not good enough against better opposition. He likes to sit back and invite pressure, which is against the team ethos and causes problems for other players. He's been all right since he's been back but he's not as good as he was last season. I'd rather see him be a backup permanently and have Colo and YM as the starters.

Except Colo's leaving. Taylor's not perfect but he's easily good enough to start for us.

Except Colo's leaving. Taylor's not perfect but he's easily good enough to start for us.

If he does leave, which I'm not certain of because someone will have to stump up £6m, we'll sign someone like Douglas, who's better than Taylor anyway.

Out of all the CBs playing and starting for teams in the top 7 teams that will be our competitors next year, he'd be the worst.

If he slims down and regains some agility then all bets are off but this version of him isn't good enough.

He's still not good enough against better opposition. He likes to sit back and invite pressure, which is against the team ethos and causes problems for other players.

It's not like. We are a standoff-retain shape team. Not a press high and hard side. It's often why we start so poorly from KO and HT. Closing down is not a strength.

It's also noticeable that he backs off against many players because he's scared of them taking him on because he's not agile enough. I think slimming down would help a lot. He should look at a similar build to Vidic and Terry, both were strong, relatively slow players who could defend pacier players because they were agile enough to defend attackers intimately.

Yeah, I noticed he has a significantly bulkier upper body than last season. He was fat after coming back from his jaw injury. Pardew came in, then he worked to lose much of his weight resulting in a leaner upper body last season which coincided with the form of his life. This season has seen him build up on his upper body again, and you do wonder whether it has any effects on his agility.

For the 1st goal Colo should have came across to the man behind Taylor and Santon should have covered the guy towards back post. Taylor didn't know which one to go for so stayed in between and got caught short when ball came to him. I think Taylor should have reacted better but Colo and Santon at fault also