Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Guest Roger Kint

Closest i can think of in last 20 years is Howey although that was Euro 96 and not a WC.

Yes!

How many of our youth products have gone to a WC in recent years?

Depends what you mean by recent. If the normal definition - none.

10 years? 20 years? Around 30 and I can think of a decent number of names. By decent I mean 2 more.

Troisi is a Socceroo, Tim Krul. Milner was 18 when he signed for us (not really a youth player).

Other than that, Pattison was in the Provisional Squad for 2010.

Yes!

10 years? 20 years? Around 30 and I can think of a decent number of names. By decent I mean 2 more.

Troisi is a Socceroo, Tim Krul. Milner was 18 when he signed for us (not really a youth player).

Did Troisi play in a WC? Was he in a squad?

Tim Krul really barely counts. He didn't come through the academy. He spent a single year there. I'm proud of him too tbh.

James Milner was never a part of the youth set-up.

Shola Ameobi is the only Newcastle player in over 20 years (that I can think of) to have properly come through our Youth Academy and go on to a World Cup finals.

Yes!

Tim Krul really barely counts. He didn't come through the academy. He spent a single year there. I'm proud of him too tbh.

Shola Ameobi is the only Newcastle player in over 20 years (that I can think of) to have properly come through our Youth Academy and go on to a World Cup finals.

Troisi is in the 23 man squad for Australia in this World Cup. He played for the youth team at NUFC.

Ask a question get an answer. Maybe some people just enjoy trivia.

One of the nicer kits we've had. Why defile it with that name?!

Should any Nigerian see you wearing that name on your back, they'll definitely slap your face.

Sent this to my Nigerian mate and he's purchased it, crazy bastard!  :lol: It seems Shola splits opinion amongst Nigerians too, I know some that are absolutely mortified at his inclusion in the WC and others that think he might bring something else to the table.

Sent this to my Nigerian mate and he's purchased it, crazy bastard!  :lol: It seems Shola splits opinion amongst Nigerians too, I know some that are absolutely mortified at his inclusion in the WC and others that think he might

bring something else to the table.

Apples. :snod:

Yes!

Triosi is in this years squad.