Wolves 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/08/10 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

:lol:

too funny..

Well chuffed with Barton, how he didn't knock one of those dirty fkers out, kicked to bits and stayed calm.. nice one.

From what i heard on the radio sounded like Shola has read a certain  "thread", radio reckoned he looked like he was on the red bull :lol:

How did the back four play today lads?

Mainly Perch and Colo?

The defence were well protected by the midfield (did I really type that?) so didn't have a lot to do, they probably should have done better at defending for the goal.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy laughed off complaints from Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton that he had been singled out for rough treatment from Wolves players during the 1-1 draw at Molineux.

Barton was on the receiving end of several committed challenges during a game where 12 players were shown yellow cards by referee Stuart Attwell.

He was seen to exchange words with McCarthy near the tunnel at the final whistle.

But McCarthy made light of the claims of the former England midfielder.

McCarthy said: "We were only laughing. I think he was complaining about one or two of the tackles.

"I said to him 'you are hardly a shrinking violet yourself Joey so come on mate'.

"He just said about my team and tackling and I thought there is the kettle calling the pot black if ever I heard it.

"We were laughing about it. It was nothing at all in terms of harsh words. I was laughing at the fact he even said it."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/08/28/SOCCER_Wolves_Quotes.html&TEAMHD=premiership

:bs:

Reading those comments from McCarthy, it's almost as if he's saying "there's nothing wrong with fouling players who foul players a lot themselves".

Avram Grant's missed a trick today like, he should have got his whole team to thump the shit out of Scholes as soon as the whistle went.

Guest elbee909

I hope he walks home to find Barton shagging his wife tbh.

That would be a quite brilliant gif if you ask me.  :lol:

And I hope his wife has a brown 'dirty sanchez' Hitler moustache.

Reading those comments from McCarthy, it's almost as if he's saying "there's nothing wrong with fouling players who foul players a lot themselves".

Avram Grant's missed a trick today like, he should have got his whole team to thump the shit out of Scholes as soon as the whistle went.

That's pretty much it. Just because Barton has gone into awful tackles in the past, his whole team should be able to do it to him without question.

That's the exact type of game we would have lost in the season we got relegated. Any point away from home is a good one when, in my opinion, we just want to stay up (although the arrival of Darth Arfa changes this, perhaps). Ref was the worst thing, not Wolves tactics - they knew they could get away with it with a moron like that in charge. Also, that white kit is sharp.

The last two games I've been impressed by Barton, while I find it ridiculous that he gets booked for light fouls just because of his name doesnt change the fact that he's stayed calm even after getting tackled unfairly twenty times a game. It seems like he's keeping his head cool and that is making him a better player. but come the end of the season I seriously hope he hasn't picked up a red card and proved that he can be a calm lad.

Guest Heneage

What annoys me about the whole Barton issue is this argument that 'Well he's no angel'. How that is even relevant is beyond me.

What annoys me about the whole Barton issue is this argument that 'Well he's no angel'. How that is even relevant is beyond me.

would have been funny had barton twatted macarthy then excused himself with the line "he's hit players in the past"