Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Was a man mountain today - he got us over the line.  I hope he gets a new contract.

Nah, I'd rather see him go out on a high. He was outstanding today and it's fantastic to see him playing again, but in reality he isn't good enough at this level and forcing him into the team next season out of sentiment would probably sour the memories a bit. Let him leave and be remembered for today :thup:

I hope he gets one too. He can do a job as a squad player in the state he's in. He's in better shape than I've seen him for a few years.

Problem is with is that if he gets a contract he'll be a regular.

I agree. Defo could be a solid squad player for us. There are loads more we need to get rid of before Jonas.

Thanks for your time here Jonas, and thanks for keeping us up today :thup: :thup: Great guy, and has given us some great memories. Definitely don't give him a new contract though, leave as a hero, because he really isn't good enough for the Premier League. Today he managed to get a good cross in and had a shot deflected in, that does not mean he's good enough for the PL.

Thought he was the best player on the pitch today tbh.

If he's willing to stay on a backup contract rather than the first team wages we pay him then why not ? I've been his biggest critic over the years but he's about the only fucker we've got on our side, the rest are total fucking cunts out for themselves.

Was a man mountain today - he got us over the line.  I hope he gets a new contract.

Nah, I'd rather see him go out on a high. He was outstanding today and it's fantastic to see him playing again, but in reality he isn't good enough at this level and forcing him into the team next season out of sentiment would probably sour the memories a bit. Let him leave and be remembered for today :thup:

Spot on. Great guy, not good enough for the team we deserve to have.

Guest Gino14

Couldn't ask for a better guy to save us.  He's been brilliant ever since he got here as a person.  He's declined as a player, but he's always been a brilliant professional and it's a nice moment for him in his time here.  His legacy here is complete and he'll always be remembered here fondly.

:smitten: What a way to say goodbye. This club's treatment of him has been disgraceful, but now he can be remembered for coming back from cancer and this game rather than what threatened to be a long decline. I was one of those that was sick of how poor he had been for a while and I stand by those, but he's always been a great guy and he can finish on a high. Only sad he didn't have his spiderman mask  :lol:

Jonas was brilliant today and I wouldn't mind him getting another year as long as it's as back-up and not a first choice starter.  If he isn't offered another year then today was the perfect way for him to go out.  I wanted him to score more than any other player because of what he's been through medically and his poor treatment by the club.

He should leave the club today as a hero. Tbh if I was manager of have dubbed him straight after the goal, as he deserved a huge standing ovation.

Maybe If he has coach or managerial ambitions I hope he will come back one day.

The fact that Jonas returned from cancer to save us from relegation is one of the few moments to move me to tears in football. It was true storybook stuff we saw today. A season of shit finished with one fantastic moment of history that will long outlive in the memory anything that has happened since Ashley bought the club.

In 50 years I will be talking about this.

:thup:

Have to say I had my doubts when I saw him in the line-up today. But fantastic performance, I agree that it probably is the right time to leave the club, however only if the right players come in, and with the current regime thats doubtful so a 1-2 year contract may not be the worse thing at the moment.