Premier League sack race

Dave

One point clear of the relegation zone and rock bottom of the form table, with 1 point from 18. Going a bit further back they've taken 5 points from the last 33. So no surprise really, only weird thing for me is that it doesn't leave loads of time for the new guy to make any changes.

Always had a soft spot for him. He's half way between being a championship manager and premier league manager. Like West Brom, he'll always swing between both but it looks like it could be his last managerial job. Thanks for the rants and for being a nice enough guy

Ha! Warnock, what an idiot. I knew this would all end in tears. No way they were going to give him any money this window to turn it around. Barton, SWP and Anton Ferdinand were all uninspired signings, and to top it all he's been keeping Taarabt on the bench and generally faffing the kid about. Rubbish job.

Nothing wrong with Barton and swp when you think of where they are as a club.

They haven't done enough though have they, particularly SWP. Barton as usual has also been a nuisance as always.

They've performed as expected, problem is there is a load of shite at the club, particularly defensively. The Taarabt situation, and not being able to resolve it and get him firing has done a lot of damage to his credibility IMO.

Why would any owner want to put up with this loud annoying man, when he isn't even doing that great? They're just above the relegation zone, and Norwich and Swansea's success certainly hasn't helped his cause.

Guest neesy111

Ridiculous. Done a great job on a low low budget.

Rubbish.

Hows it rubbish? did a fantastic job getting them promoted then had 4.2M to spend, much of his transfers coming in late August when cash was made available.

Massive wages though.  Barton, SWP, A. Ferdinand will be massive wages for a club of that size.

1 home win all season and that was against 9 men is a shocking record.

He's done a good job there as he always does in the lower leagues, QPR were a mess changing managers every few months and expecting to get promoted despite hardly spent anything. He took over in the relegation zone in March then had them top for virtually all of the next season.

It's also probably the right decision to replace him if they can get someone like Hughes but he's not doing the worst job in the league with that squad.

QPR have been s**** recently but that's really down to a lack of a good striker upfront. Bothroyd is shite plus you can't count on a mid-30s Helguson to get you out of trouble either.

I'm a bit surprised that Warnock has been sacked tbh.

Of all the promoted clubs look least convincing, surprising considering they were pretty strong in championship weren't they? Taarabt not being as good has hurt them surely. I hear Mark Hughes ready for post, not sure if that'll work.

Of all the promoted clubs look least convincing, surprising considering they were pretty strong in championship weren't they? Taarabt not being as good has hurt them surely. I hear Mark Hughes ready for post, not sure if that'll work.

They weren't that strong in the Championship tbh. They relied massively on Taarabt, was always going to be the case when he struggled with much less time and space in the Prem that it would show up the rest of the squad - which is Championship standard.

I think there are many examples when a new (caretaker) manager gets the team going straight after being appointed, though.

Like Shearer......

No. But like Roeder, in some ways Kinnear for us. Heynckes for Bayern a few years back after sacking Klinsmann springs to my mind. Hiddink for Chelsea after Scolari.

Shearer wasn't the right choice at that time. A proven manager might have been.

Kinnear didn't actually take over from anyone, though. Not really.

Surprised people think this is out of the blue. Was talking about this with friends a few weeks back. Thought they'd sack him leading up to the window to give the new guy a chance to get some players in. QPR have been plummetting for a while now.

I think there are many examples when a new (caretaker) manager gets the team going straight after being appointed, though.

Like Shearer......

No. But like Roeder, in some ways Kinnear for us. Heynckes for Bayern a few years back after sacking Klinsmann springs to my mind. Hiddink for Chelsea after Scolari.

Shearer wasn't the right choice at that time. A proven manager might have been.

Kinnear didn't actually take over from anyone, though. Not really.

Fair enough. The point stands, though.