Newcastle United 1 - 2 Stoke City - 26/09/10 - post match reaction from page 31

Dave

Routledge offered us absolutely nothing.

And what really tops this shit off is that West Brom won yesterday, mackems got a good draw- as did Wigan- and West Ham won.

And its Monday morning tomorrow. Fucking brilliant.

Have to admit that he frustrated me more than most today.  He did a good job for us last year and he's got it in him I hope, but when he's playing like he did today there's not much of a reason for him to be on the pitch.

Would like to think he'll improve, because I like him.

To say Krul was our biggest liability is a bit of a stretch, but he certainly didn't seem authoritative in commanding the box - which is not unexpected.

Perch was clearly our biggest liability, and every team under the sun knows it.

Just back in aint read any posts yet BUT....

Hughton got it wrong has to take the blame.. for the starting 11 and the changes.

HIS FAULT PICKING PERCH

HIS FAULT LEAVING ON ROUTLEDGE & TAKING OFF HBA

HIS FAULT TAKING OFF TIOTE (out motm)

Not offensive enough at home.. playing a lone type striker formation against a massive back four

putting Perch against Huth on set pieces. putting him on the pitch is bad enough.

Never a freekick for their first anyway..... but what;s the point of keeping the ball if we do nothing with it.

to much back & square today.

We need a keeper asap, like. Krul isn't exactly to blame, but balls in the 6 yard box are there to be collected. He doesn't know when to come off his line and it cost us. He's just too raw.

That's what I was thinking. I was wondering could he have even tried to claim the cross that Perch headed in. In fairness to Tim though he was hardly tested all game.

Agree with Ronaldo actually. I thought Krul was the biggest liability in our team today.

f*** off man :lol:

It's absolutely clear as day that he's not used to starting at this level yet. Had a bad game against Chelsea as well.

We all know he's a great shot-stopper and I certainly hope he can grow into the job, but as of this point in time goalkeeper is a huge, huge problem for us.

When Ben Arfa and Tiote went off, I was expecting bad things to happen, and it did.

Why were they taken off? Ben Arfa was quiet, yes, but wasn't Nolan more? All he did was score a pen, then went off to his usual laziness! Ben Arfa should have slotted there, Jonas to the wing, and we have a lively and decent team.

And Tiote? He was the most dynamic of our midfield by a mile in both attacking and defending! Take him off, and you have a Newcastle defense prone to throws and set pieces. We couldn't clear the ball, conceded many throws and corners and free icks, from which Stoke scored. And taking him out also hampered our supply to the strikers.

And Perch? Ryan Taylor over him anyday. With no games up in the midweek, this is our chance to slot him in.

Terrible decisions by CH.

Jonas-Barton-Tiote-Ben Arfa

Ameobi-Carroll

or

Routledge-Barton-Tiote-Jonas

Ben Arfa

Carroll

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Something of interest I saw in the 2nd half just after kick off. 1st half we had been playing some nice carpet football, keep possession, which seemed to rub off on Mike Williamson. He's not the most graceful on the ball (despite his inspired run in the 1st half), however he was doing his best to play short balls into the midfield. He tried that just after kick off for 2nd half and Hughton had a right go at him. He was screaming at Williamson for not playing a ball over the top to Carroll. Couldn't believe it.

Saying that. All the possession football seemed to throw Carroll's game, he didn't know how to get into the action without the ball being lumped into the air for him to battle with. Still, he's young and has plenty to develop including dropping and providing link up play on the floor too. Guess it doesn't help with lazy Nolan along side him. Only other issue I had with the set up was the lack of involvement from the midfield to get into the penalty box.

Krul was poor imo. Very reluctant to come for crosses, much more reluctant than either Given or Harper have been. Hopefully it'll come with experience. Noticed Barton telling him, as they were preparing to take the free kick from which they hit the angle, to come and clean everyone out. He didn't.

Something of interest I saw in the 2nd half just after kick off. 1st half we had been playing some nice carpet football, keep possession, which seemed to rub off on Mike Williamson. He's not the most graceful on the ball (despite his inspired run in the 1st half), however he was doing his best to play short balls into the midfield. He tried that just after kick off for 2nd half and Hughton had a right go at him. He was screaming at Williamson for not playing a ball over the top to Carroll. Couldn't believe it.

:undecided:

Smacks of trying to match the opposition instead of sticking to our guns. Which is exactly what proved our downfall against Blackpool.

Krul 6 High Balls aren't his forte but otherwise not too bad.

Perch 5 Nice goal...wanker

Williamson 6.5 Didn't see him win many headers in defence.

Colo 7.5 Considering his weakness is balls in the air thought he was great today.

Enrique 7.5 Typical good performance

Routledge 5 Did he get a touch?

Tiote 7 thought he was great in the first half. Not as prominent in the second

Barton 7 Looked great in the playmaking role today though no much came off.

HBA 6.5 some great touches but didn't find the space he excels in.

Nolan 4 Offered nothing (i'll admit I hate the guy so this is a bit biased)

Carroll 5 playing as a lone striker against Stoke was a horrible strategy. Barely won a header all day.

Jonas 7 great when he came on provided Carroll and Nolan with our late chances.

Ameobi 6 Not much time and was closed down as soon as he touched it

The Tiote substitution was baffling. It just struck of Hughton thinking "I'll hoy a striker on for a midfielder" and no thought going into the change. If there was thought put into it, I don't know what he was thinking of.

When Ben Arfa and Tiote went off, I was expecting bad things to happen, and it did.

Aye, the time Tiote went off, we were already 2-1 behind.

Wrong.

Was probably speaking metaphorically :D

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The Tiote substitution was baffling. It just struck of Hughton thinking "I'll hoy a striker on for a midfielder" and no thought going into the change. If there was thought put into it, I don't know what he was thinking of.

"Can't sub Nolan, Can't sub Nolan."