Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got Portugal in the work sweepstake. Could be worse I guess

Could be equally as bad, that's about it.

Sweepstakes are a pet hate of mine. Pay £1 and hope you one of about 4 teams, if not the whole thing is pointless.

Sweepstakes are a pet hate of mine. Pay £1 and hope you one of about 4 teams, if not the whole thing is pointless.

:whistle:

Isn't that the whole point of a sweepstake?  :lol: It's a gamble like any other.

Much better when envelopes are closed until the end though.

Isn't that the whole point of a sweepstake?  :lol: It's a gamble like any other.

Yep - I'm in where we're doing that - meeting for the final and opening before! Our football team also have one which we opened the envelopes on Sunday - I picked two - Saudia Arabia and Panama  :lol: £20 in the bin!

Yep - I'm in where we're doing that - meeting for the final and opening before! Our football team also have one which we opened the envelopes on Sunday - I picked two - Saudia Arabia and Panama  :lol: £20 in the bin!

Aye, we're doing that at the cricket club. Envelope draw and everyone gets together to watch the final and open envelopes.

Just come in this thread because I've got world cup excitement today for some reason.

Guest firetotheworks

Team in picking players to field their best team and not their eleven best individuals shocker.

:thup: Love the fume when countries that nobody ever watches bar in international tournaments don't pick players that under perform for them

A load of snooty nonsense from both of you. It's a squad, not a starting XI and it's Leroy Sane not Leroy Rosenior.

Team in picking players to field their best team and not their eleven best individuals shocker.

:thup: Love the fume when countries that nobody ever watches bar in international tournaments don't pick players that under perform for them

A load of snooty nonsense from both of you. It's a squad, not a starting XI and it's Leroy Sane not Leroy Rosenior.

It's a team, not a collection of individuals. In 12 games he has like one goal/assist for them

It's a team, not a collection of individuals. In 12 games he has like one goal/assist for them

Yep, and his competition for the position he plays for Germany have all done much better for Germany, even if they on a club level aren't as impressive.

As of Monday, anyone with a passport, Fan ID and match tickets can enter our glorious and insanely diverse land without the need to apply for a visa. Just make sure you depart before 25th of July if you opt for this option. I resisted the urge to joke about how things like that never work in our favor. Canny me, like.

Iran are the first squad to arrive. Proper planning.

Anyone who might be renting a car in and around Moscow during the  tournament - if you’re a radio addict, tune in to Capital FM 105,3. They speak English and play them hits. Or so they say.

Would a brief pub/bar guide be of any use? I can provide one for the cities that I managed to visit myself.

Guest firetotheworks

No shit, but you're saying that like he's a starter, which he's not and like he's a selfish player who isn't one of the best players in one of the most unselfish passing teams we've ever seen.

Bringing his goal tally into it would also have been fine if his replacement's record for Germany was better, but it's not. Brandt has 1 goal in 15 games for Germany.

Lowe having a preference for whoever is fine, but it's that preference that's being criticised because Sanés such an obviously good player who's had an incredible season. So I dunno why you're both trying to snoot on that it's because we football peasants don't understand the teeeeeaaaam.

DKP8HKTW4AAQqNC.jpg

Guest chopey

If anyone wants to run a "fair" sweepstake

£1 a team

Winner wins £12

Worst team (least points, worst goal difference) wins £10

Bad Boys (1 point per yellow 3 points per red) wins £10

Guest chopey

or dont be a bitch and give all of the money to the actual winner

A knaa but sometimes the Lasses, Nonce's and Jessy's  at work want value for money.