Alan Pardew

JH

"I thought both penalties were soft" - Pardew

Fair play to him for that.

His post match interviews are always spot on, and he never bullshits or whinge about the officials.

:nods: :thup: Always a plus point for me, I appreciate his honesty in all his interviews.

Nice little moment when Best was subbed, Pardew directing Leon's attention to the crowd who were chanting his name. Stuff like that makes it easy to see why the players are playing with so much confidence under him.

:thup: Man management at its best tbh, if you throw in his constant talking to the players and his spending entire games on the touchline.

Diabolical first sub tonight mind.

Yeah, I can only think something was wrong with Cabaye. If he wanted to play 5 defenders I think he would have taken a forward off? Surely?

In the past now anyway, 22 points after 10 games man, in fucking dreamland.

Spot on with his game plan again. Must give the players tremendous confidence.

And really liked his honesty again, saying how we lost control of the game for a while there 2nd half.

Every time he's interviewed post match, I'm finding he's saying what I've seen.

Nice little moment when Best was subbed, Pardew directing Leon's attention to the crowd who were chanting his name. Stuff like that makes it easy to see why the players are playing with so much confidence under him.

:thup: Man management at its best tbh, if you throw in his constant talking to the players and his spending entire games on the touchline.

Aye. It's a small touch but Best probably felt on top of the world at that moment.

Can't remember the last time we've looked this organised as a team. Obviously a lot of hard work has been put in by the management team on the training ground to get us where we are. So he deserves a lot of credit for that.

Can anyone who was at the game comment on his technical area utilisation tonight?

Can't really see it on Sky, did he stray outside the lines?

Probably. He was all over the fucking place :lol:

Loved his reaction after the penalty award.

The midfield were bound to be knackered, it's only Jonas and Obertan's freakish stamina that allowed them to play on TBH.

If Perch hadn't got himself booked the sub would be less attention-grabbing. Post-match he said he wanted to rely on his British lads to scrap and see the game out, and I sort of agree. Perch obviously isn't a great player, but I don't think he was particularly bad tonight.

Go and attack Everton in a similar fashion and get three points and we actually have a very good chance of not falling too heavy if we lose the two Manchester games. We're in a fantastic position atm, this confidence could be vital in a month or so's time.

Starting to think Pardew has a real something about him tactically as well. It would have been easy, and what a manager like Allardyce or Souness would have done, to just get the player psyched up into battle mode and send them out to get stuck in and go toe-to-toe with Stoke.

But he didn't do that, he realised that if we pressed them from the start they wouldn't have the technique to play their way out. Spot on, great example of just tweaking his tactics to the opposition's weaknesses, without changing the basic shape or personnel.