Sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 16/01/11 - post match reaction from page 41

Dave

The only good thing about their equaliser is it showcased the mackem inferiority complex. Their dancing with joy at scraping an undeserved draw just made them look pathetic and our players like Gods.

we'd do the same

We wouldn't be celebrating like we had won the game! I'd be more relieved and admit that we were second best had the roles been reversed. Mackems have no class, man - did you not see them all buggering off 10mins from the end of the 90?

The only good thing about their equaliser is it showcased the mackem inferiority complex. Their dancing with joy at scraping an undeserved draw just made them look pathetic and our players like Gods.

Dunno, I think if you snatch a draw with a 94th- minute goal you're entitled to jump around a bit. If roles were reversed we have gone mental too (I mean the fans at the game).

we'd do the same

sorry mate but that's bollocks. cheered & laughed yes, but acting like they had just won the FA cup? small time mackems.

Dunno, I think if you snatch a draw with a 94th- minute goal you're entitled to jump around a bit. If roles were reversed we have gone mental too (I mean the fans at the game).

Of course, I was one of thousands going mental when Coloccini scored v Wigan.

Did Barnsley avoid the red card just because it was Barton he tackled? High feet, studs clearly showing, doesn't get the ball and it is late. How it wasn't even a yellow is baffling.

Basically yes, also him and Bramble avoided cards for stamping on Alan Smith as well.

Guest mimifrench

You should have win .... but one point is better than 0

Besides sunderland is a very poor team.

I think Newcastle will finish good and be in the race for the europa league. By the way in what position are Newcastle in the league ?

Did Barnsley avoid the red card just because it was Barton he tackled? High feet, studs clearly showing, doesn't get the ball and it is late. How it wasn't even a yellow is baffling.

fouling Barton is fine, being fouled by Barton is automatic card for JB.

Well that was a bit disappointing. Sunderland were s***, and even their goal was a mis-controlled touch. Fwiw I thought we played well, especially considering we had Carroll and Tiote out. I thought Colo and Jose in particular were excellent. I have no idea why Pardew brought Jonas off mind, at that point in the match it's a self-weakening decision. It could be that he's a poor manager. Cheap dig I know, but I just don't rate the bloke at all. 

:facepalm:

Could be that Jonas had been running for almost the whole 90 minutes and just got a hefty knock like a few minutes before that.

Same here, but it didn't stop me admitting how shit/lucky we were after the game.

Basically yes, also him and Bramble avoided cards for stamping on Alan Smith as well.

Bardsley tried to stamp on Smith twice; he missed twice :lol:

Guest johnson293

So, any news on the post match music at the SoS?

Did Bagpuss get to play his record, seeing as this was clearly just like a win for him, judging by his reaction at their goal?

You should have win .... but one point is better than 0

Besides sunderland is a very poor team.

I think Newcastle will finish good and be in the race for the europa league. By the way in what position are Newcastle in the league ?

:smitten:

9th.

Same here, but it didn't stop me admitting how shit/lucky we were after the game.

not at all, but judging by smb most of them are saying the same.

Guest marky555

My only question is why Ranger hasn't been used as an impact sub that he was so successful with against Liverpool.

Lovenkrands is crap.

Because he's a twat and has fallen out with Pardew.