Sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 16/01/11 - post match reaction from page 41

Dave

I missed Harper getting clouted. If anyone can put it up, I'd appreciate it for those who missed it. For those who did see it, was Harper pushed or punched? Hope the FA chuck the book at the mackems, because this is not an isolated incident when we go to the SoS.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew: "It was brilliant, passionate - the noise levels were fantastic. We just slipped up at the end but four points from two derbies is good for us. We played really well, had a good gameplan and made it difficult for Sunderland. We looked comfortable and could have got second goal but there were lots of injury time and we just switched off a bit and they got a break - perhaps one they didn't deserve."

Guest sicko2ndbest

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew:

"It was brilliant, passionate - the noise levels were fantastic. We just slipped up at the end but four points from two derbies is good for us. We played really well, had a good gameplan and made it difficult for Sunderland. We looked comfortable and could have got second goal but there were lots of injury time and we just switched off a bit and they got a break - perhaps one they didn't deserve."

BBC

TBH very impressed

Very down to earth composed comments. Lots of managers would be complaining about something

løvenkrands should have been on with 20 mins left instead of best!

deserved to win. unlucky

2 points more would have taken us to 7th place...

no. shouldn´t made that decision at all. as willo. best had a good second half

Gary Bennett on the radio now - seemingly them playing poorly and gaining a point and the toon playing well and losing two points is clear evidence that this was a decent result for them.  YOU'RE AT HOME IN A LOCAL DERBY AGAINST THE TEAM THAT SHAFTED YOU 5-1 AT ST JAMES'??????  Fucking mackems.  Pathetic.

Massive mistake from Harper to cost us the 3 points. He went down really slowly like a tree being felled and then palmed the ball out into the centre of the five yard box when he could have held onto it. Disappointing.

Massively harsh that.

How?

I don't think it was a massive mistake, I think he did well to save a good shot coming through bodies, and was really unlucky where it bounced.

If it was a mistake it was by definition a massive one because it cost us the 3 points, that's not harsh that's fact.

The only argument is whether or not it was a mistake, I think it is, you don't.

The reasons I think it is are:

- Yeah, it may have come through a few bodies, but he still saw it in plenty of time, as demonstrated by how slowly he went down for it, it's not like he flung himself, he just kinda toppled.

- You'd normally expect him to hold on to a shot like that and if not you'd expect him not to push it out into the middle of the goal when there's loads of players following it in. Pushing it out was a deliberate act on his part and that was the mistake, it didn't hit him and rebound out, he deliberately pushed it out and did so into the worst possible place, a definite mistake.

If he'd have tried to hold onto it and it had got away from him fair enough, but to deliberately push it out into the middle of the goal when he was surrounded by players was an error and one that cost us dearly, I don't know what he thought it would achieve, other than what happened. If you think that was a mistake then it must have been a massive one, if you don't think it was a mistake then what was it? How he played in the rest of the match is irrelevant to whether or not he made a massive mistake right at the end. I think he did.

The only good thing about their equaliser is it showcased the mackem inferiority complex. Their dancing with joy at scraping an undeserved draw just made them look pathetic and our players like Gods.

Guest firetotheworks

Well that was a bit disappointing. Sunderland were shit, and even their goal was a mis-controlled touch. Fwiw I thought we played well, especially considering we had Carroll and Tiote out. I thought Colo and Jose in particular were excellent. I have no idea why Pardew brought Jonas off mind, at that point in the match it's a self-weakening decision. It could be that he's a poor manager. Cheap dig I know, but I just don't rate the bloke at all. 

Shola lead the line very well. Good performance from him.

He did play very well in the main, but it's the same old "from the sublime to the ridiculous" performance. Some of his hold up play was top drawer, but some of his touches were woeful... But he did better than Best, and was better than anything Lovenkrands, Ranger or Xisco could hope to offer

Really hope they go on their month long streak without a win now. Fucking bastards. Absolute cunts.

Their bad run is bound to happen soon, as they have been scrapping results left right and centre.

Now lets sign some quality players ffs Mike, I want to finish above the cunts.

The only good thing about their equaliser is it showcased the mackem inferiority complex. Their dancing with joy at scraping an undeserved draw just made them look pathetic and our players like Gods.

we'd do the same

Guest marky555

Smith wasn't that bad today. A couple of misplaced passes which we expect from him, but he wasn't doing too badly before he came off.

Done a lot better than I thought he would have, and the challenge on Bardsley was class.

He's still shit but just wanted to say this.