John Carver

Guest neesy111

I'd love to think that whatever the outcome John Carver will be gone by the time he goes on holiday. There is no way he should be considered for the role given the form since he has taken over, the lack of man management skills and the use of an excuse book at every opportunity. After the way he has conducted himself I can't see how he can slip back into an assistant manager role especially as he spoke about wanting to be the main man when he was announced as the interim head coach.

He is a mixed bag, I've saw him do some canny things for those in the community and he promoted a local boys club in the hope they'd get funding. However he also courts controversy regarding fans such as the incident at Southampton offering fans to visit the training ground and the recent incident with Swansea. I don't think management is cut out for him, but he probably saw it as a once in a lifetime opportunity and that's why he is sticking around.

Newcastle will never be good enough from the top down with Ashley. The problem is we don't have one common goal that is shared by everyone involved in the team. We have an owner directing a chief executive intent on making money or running at a profit. We have players who arrived with the club as a stepping stone to a bigger club or to earn more money than they would in France. There are players who are playing for their future or resigned to leaving and others who are just here. Our manager is focused on trying to get the job on a full time basis rather than focused on the delivery of his current job that has now spiraled into a relegation battle.

We hit a bad spell, a bit of pressure and tension and the team has been crippled. Individuals blaming others, players not quite good enough or past it left out to hang and a lack of leadership to unite the group to work effectively as a team. We saw a poor PR stunt with an open letter 'penned' by the club captain which tried to bring everyone as a collective including the fans who have bore the brunt of this poor run. They took responsibility for the poor form and that all individual problems would be on hold till they were out of this. This lasted one game against West Brom and reverted to the norm against QPR. The appointment of Carver has played a huge part in the downward projection of the team, but as a club we have no shared goal and that shows through the board, coaches and players.

Its difficult being a fan and with one game of the season to go having zero confidence in your own team to get a result against a side with nothing to play for spells disaster.

Good post that. The psychological paralysis has compounded the financial penny pinching. The idea should have been to embrace and target the EL and Cups once all the talk about not being able to compete with the top 4/5 had been put out there. Teams need targets, they need positivity going forward...The team simply has nothing to aim for...Sooner or later this will filter down to the players and then its impossible to get them back on the train again...

the funny thing about this dickhead is if you look at what he's done since he took over he's barely got a single idea of his own, he's basically just copying what he saw pardew do and say for 4 years but is doing it much worse

the only thing i can think he's done that's not out of the pardew playbook is give cabella as much time as he has and not slaughter him every week when we lose

other than that its been pardew-lite all the way

Alan Brazil is Scottish...

Apparently the source is Graham Courtney who said we'd signed Lacazette last summer and that Pardew to Palace wasn't happening. I don't think anyone knows tbh.

But yes, I expect Carver to be in charge next season and I think that's it for me.

How is John Carver being mostly absolved from blame from the media in this debacle?

I understand that the old boys network stick together and protect each other but this is the most blatant case of a manager being to blame that I have ever witnessed.

Regardless of what you think about Pardew, this same group of players was picking up points under his management and yet, under Carver we are now the worst team in the league by a distance.......and according to the media, it's the players who are 100% at fault. They're even sympathetic towards Carver in some instances.  He didn't even get that much of a shoe-ing for the 'best coach in the Premier League' comment.

It's criminally bad, misleading reporting and it makes me fucking sick.

if this man gets the job next season we will go down no matter what league we are in..

Thanks for the effort John but it is best for all if you left .Take your pay out and take and nice long holiday....