Fulham vs Newcastle United - 2/2/2011 - Live on Sky - Pre match bant

ElDiablo

Has he really said that? ??? x

Bloody hope not

Yes he did.  Heard it on the radio and seen it in print.

I feel sorry for the players really.  Just as they start to think the club is making progress, they as well as the fans get knocked back down to earth.  Yet again they will have to resort to their mental strength and unity to push on.

I wonder if this has damaged their relationship with Pardew.  After insisting since he arrived that Carroll would not be sold and then saying he was involved in the decison to sell, how can the players trust what he says now.  Hughton protected them - I think Pardew will end up alienating them.

Nowt wrong with that quote IMO. He's just saying what we are all feeling, he'll probably assure the lads that it will be for the greater good come summer and that it is up to them now to prove themselves.

Can't blame people at the club for being shocked tbh. After all, we fans are. It's only natural since Carroll/Pardew had been adamant that he was going nowhere. I'm sure the players will pick themselves up.

I don't think we'll win tonight though - 2-0 Fulham or something to that effect. They seem to be picking themselves up somewhat.

Guest Roger Kint

Awww those poor players........

Fucking hell they didnt cry when Hughton got shanked(they were 100% focused and professional v Liverpool) so why would they now. Of course they will be shellshocked at losing him for such a huge fee, who wasnt? Pardew saying it doesnt make a difference ffs but they have shown before they arent dramaqueens like some on here and can do the business on the pitch.

After all this i dont think we will lose, probably 1-1 though.

Has he really said that? ??? x

Bloody hope not

Yes he did.  Heard it on the radio and seen it in print.

I feel sorry for the players really.  Just as they start to think the club is making progress, they as well as the fans get knocked back down to earth.  Yet again they will have to resort to their mental strength and unity to push on.

I wonder if this has damaged their relationship with Pardew.  After insisting since he arrived that Carroll would not be sold and then saying he was involved in the decison to sell, how can the players trust what he says now.  Hughton protected them - I think Pardew will end up alienating them.

Nowt wrong with that quote IMO. He's just saying what we are all feeling, he'll probably assure the lads that it will be for the greater good come summer and that it is up to them now to prove themselves.

Could have used a bit of word play tbh  "dissilusionment"  could be "down"  2 words with a totally different meaning but the message comes over to everyone with a more negative feeling about it .

Can't wait for tonight, a chance to release all the anger, disappointment and finally get back to supporting our club. We'll beat them 3-1.

I think you're right, I wasn't looking forward to this but now it's getting closer it'll actually be nice to concentrate on what's happening on the pitch.

All Fulham fans conjure up throught 90 minutes is a couple renditions of the drab "come on fulham, come on fulham", absolutley dreadful atmosphere. Loss or a draw, as despite everything i've just said it's somehow there home form which has allways kept them fighting in this league.

All Fulham fans conjure up throught 90 minutes is a couple renditions of the drab "come on fulham, come on fulham", absolutley dreadful atmosphere. Loss or a draw, as despite everything i've just said it's somehow there home form which has allways kept them fighting in this league.

True and i expect a shit game too  :sadnod:

Guest neesy111

Spoke to one fan last night, a little cocky she was as well about the game.  Hopefully their team will be like that as well.

Guest Roger Kint

Like i said on page 1 they have 5 wins on the last 8 and 4 on the bounce at home. Was always going to be a hard game.

Fucking pathetic given that two transfer windows have passed since we got promoted and our side for tonight will be weaker than that side that won the Championship.

Spoke to one fan last night, a little cocky she was as well about the game.  Hopefully their team will be like that as well.

should have gave her the Richars Keys/Andy Grey response man Neesy.

But aye your right, I hope there team take us for granted thinking we've lost our star striker, they'll turn us over...