SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

You know what... yup am a bit sad we did not sign him but I am not sure if thats because I really wanted him back or because I wanted MA to splash some cash.

I am not sure going back after players we used to have is a forward step, we have quality for the flanks, at this point a striker should be our only worry.

You know what... yu am a bit sad we did not sign him but I am not sure if thats because I really wanted him back or because I wanted MA to splash some cash.

I am not sure going back after players we used to have is a forward step, we have quality for the flans, at this point a striker should be our only worry.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_juq-0sr5fko/THga6rj3BlI/AAAAAAAAAD0/6a_UQGb_-kM/s320/fruit+flan.jpg

Zog's a bit of an enigma. Don't rate him particularly highly because of his inconsistency and generally being a "run into brick walls until something comes off" type of player, but at the same time he's someone you don't really want playing for the other team as he's capable of tearing a team apart/scoring a goal from nothing at any given moment.

Should be £9.5m extremely well spent for an upper mid table side though.

Was going to post something but this has pretty much summed up my thoughts.

Disappointment softened by the fact we've got someone with promise in Marveaux to look forward to.

Just don't think we would ever have paid the money for N'Zogbia, and it would have felt a lot worse.

they must be gutted on smb  :lol:. slightly dissapointed myself- i'll survive it tho.

While the content in the thread isn´t very funny, one of the thousand thread titles is pretty funny. "life after Zog" :lol:

Love it how his stock has fallen immediately he signs for someone else. :lol:

Cracking signing for Villa - £9.5m (in today's market) is fairly modest and I wish he was here. No point saying 'I'm not bothered, he's average, blah, blah'when he's clearly a very good player.

He's shit, never rated him tbh  :shifty:

Anyone genuinely dissing Zog as a player is talking out of their arse (and tbh not many people on here are), attitude is a question mark but that's all down to the manager.  Anyway it seems obvious that our interest in Zog ceased the moment Marveaux signed, the punt being that we've got something similar for no capital outlay.....

Gutted we haven't got him, but tbh it's debatable how much playing time he'd get if Marveaux comes good, and Jonas and Ben Arfa also potential wing players. Let's just wait for the inevitable fallout with Mcleish.

Anyone genuinely dissing Zog as a player is talking out of their arse (and tbh not many people on here are), attitude is a question mark but that's all down to the manager.  Anyway it seems obvious that our interest in Zog ceased the moment Marveaux signed, the punt being that we've got something similar for no capital outlay.....

O RLY? :bluestar:

O RLY? :bluestar:

Oh yes  :thup:

That's business well done for Villa. Bit jealous really tbh. Think Bent, Agbhonlahor and NZogbia could be extremely dangerous this season even though rest of the team sucks.

Not if Agbonlahor is anything like he was last year. A lot rides on N'Zogbia doing well.

To be fair (and i say this as one who is not entirely convinced by him) Gabby was injured for most of the year, came back and was clearly still not fit, then got inexplicably stuck on the wing by Houllier.

I think "the rest of the team sucks" is somewhat nonsensical too, to be honest. It's not a world beating team, but it's certainly not bad at all.

I would say that swapping Downing for N'Zog and 10.5m is stupidly good business. McLeish has got a long way to go to convince me, but he's started quite well.

That's business well done for Villa. Bit jealous really tbh. Think Bent, Agbhonlahor and NZogbia could be extremely dangerous this season even though rest of the team sucks.

Not if Agbonlahor is anything like he was last year. A lot rides on N'Zogbia doing well.

To be fair (and i say this as one who is not entirely convinced by him) Gabby was injured for most of the year, came back and was clearly still not fit, then got inexplicably stuck on the wing by Houllier.

I think "the rest of the team sucks" is somewhat nonsensical too, to be honest. It's not a world beating team, but it's certainly not bad at all.

I would say that swapping Downing for N'Zog and 10.5m is stupidly good business. McLeish has got a long way to go to convince me, but he's started quite well.

Have you been linked to anybody else? What positions do you want to see strengthened?

It's got very little to do with the fact we got him. It's the fact that Aston Villa, who I see as a current rival, have adequately improved (if not bettered) on losing Downing/Young.

He's a great player and he'll be great for them, which is bad news for us. More than just 'meh we don't need him' tbh.

They haven't improved on both of them. Not sure they have actually improved on young.

Fine. But they're much better off than they were both they signed him :razz:

I would say they have replaced Downing for a similar quality of player in N'Zogbia with less money than Downing. They are still down of Young and now have a manager who at best can be described as average.