SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

I just find it hilarious.

So many people are complaining and panicking already that we haven't flashed the cash, then the second we're linked with someone for a big fee "nah too dear, next!"

£10m and £50k a week would be class business for Zog, so is it really worth complaining over such a small raise?

I just find it hilarious.

So many people are complaining and panicking already that we haven't flashed the cash, then the second we're linked with someone for a big fee "nah too dear, next!"

£10m and £50k a week would be class business for Zog, so is it really worth complaining over such a small raise?

Nope. Totally agree with you.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The fact we bid 10 mil plus for Gameiro makes me think we will spend should the right player come along

Guest johnson293

Didn't Whelan confirm the bids though?

:nods:

Didn't he say he felt insulted or something to that effect?

Latics owner Dave Whelan said: "Newcastle have bid £10 million bid for Charles N`Zogbia but we`ve turned it down, it`s too late"

Seen something else that says our intial £10m bid was around 10:30pm, we then went back with a £12m bid which was also rejected.

Didn't Whelan confirm the bids though?

:nods:

Didn't he say he felt insulted or something to that effect?

Latics owner Dave Whelan said: "Newcastle have bid £10 million bid for Charles N`Zogbia but we`ve turned it down, it`s too late"

Seen something else that says our intial £10m bid was around 10:30pm, we then went back with a £12m bid which was also rejected.

IIRC the price wasn't the issue. It was too late for Wigan to find a replacement.

when villa make a bid, hopefully thatll force us to make a move. if we fail to buy zoggy, we've f***ed it up big time!

Even if the reported £12million fee and 65k wages are true?

I'd be tempted to look elsewhere for that price like.

I'd love zog back but putting a bit of perspective on those figures, we could potentially sign a player for £16m on £50k p/w on a 5 year contract for the same outlay as above. I know its unfashionable to talk about money but wages make a huge difference.

I too don't think "we have have to go all out to get zog" , with those figures we can definitely get the same or even better.

We've got 35 million quid in the bank, the fee for Zog shouldn't be a problem. Don't get me wrong, if we find similar quality for a cheaper price I wouldn't complain, but if we settle for someone of the Treacy ilk using the fee as a justification it shows where Ashey's 'intent' lies.

All ifs and buts at the moment though.

We've got 35 million quid in the bank, the fee for Zog shouldn't be a problem. Don't get me wrong, if we find similar quality for a cheaper price I wouldn't complain, but if we settle for someone of the Treacy ilk using the fee as a justification it shows where Ashey's 'intent' lies.

All ifs and buts at the moment though.

What a scary thought.

N'Zogbia is a proven quality Premiership player who knows the club and knows the City.  If he's prepared to come here then I can't think of anybody better who would come here for what he would be likely to get.  We would probably be able to attract somebody who was proven in another Country but I doubt we could get anybody as good and proven in the Premiership.  I would have thought that being Premiership proven would add something to a transfer fee and wage deal as it's less of a risk.  No foreign player would know what he was getting into as well as N’Zogbia would know and again, that would be worth something as he’d settle straight into the club and area, others may not.

£9m to £12m for N'Zogbia when he is in the last year of his contract is not a bargain unless you'd rate him as a £20m+ player if he had 2 or more years left on his contract.

A players worth shouldn't be decided by his length of contract.  It should be judged on his value to the team that's buying him.

This thread got stale once the dog jokes dried up  :penis:

I look at Steve Bruce and feel immense pride that AP is our manager.

Same here. :lol:

Even on appearance alone, taking all actual ability and putting it to one side: Pardew is a decent-looking, well groomed silver fox who wears a full suit on matchdays. Bruce looks like a 60-year old lesbian who's had a frying pan to the nose wearing a shell suit two sizes too small.

I reckon Brucey's got the biggest kite in the public eye, like. It's growing at a rate even exceeding Ian Beale's.

The quote that made this thread fun and legendary

:mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

£9m to £12m for N'Zogbia when he is in the last year of his contract is not a bargain unless you'd rate him as a £20m+ player if he had 2 or more years left on his contract.

A players worth shouldn't be decided by his length of contract.  It should be judged on his value to the team that's buying him.

True, but you'd effectively be paying a fortune for one year's service, when you could sign him for nowt a year later. This is why we didn't sign Beckford (who turned out to be turboshite) because it would be uneccessary spending.