Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Kranjcar, Dempsey, Zog, Larsson, Jarvis

Dembele, Sturridge, Gervinho, Elmander

Any 4 of these and I'd be happy except if it was Elmander and Dembele up top.

The former Real Sociedad star. :lol:

Not played much has he?

Actually, yes, he has. Thinking of the wrong bloke. Hasn't he been generally more consistent than Adam?

Out of the Swedes recently mentioned, I'd love it if we got Guidetti, would be very pleased with Larsson and would be quite disappointed if we went for Elmander.

I really don't understand the reasoning behind this, you'd rather have someone who's scored once in the Championship and has never started a PL match instead of a player who has hit double figures in the Premiership this season? How strange.

Out of the Swedes recently mentioned, I'd love it if we got Guidetti, would be very pleased with Larsson and would be quite disappointed if we went for Elmander.

I really don't understand the reasoning behind this, you'd rather have someone who's scored once in the Championship and has never started a PL match instead of a player who has hit double figures in the Premiership this season? How strange.

I don't see how it is strange at all.

They're not at all comparable, man.

He's Swedish and so has an opinion on both players. Clearly he rates Guidetti and sees a 19 year old on a free as a good piece of business and as one for the future, while alternatively while he might rate Elmander he doesn't agree that we should be looking at him as our potential starting striker next season (along with the wages and signing on fees that would come with), and instead we should be looking elsewhere for younger possibly better players.

It's really not difficult to comprehend, or at least interpret his way of thinking.

They're not at all comparable, man.

He's Swedish and so has an opinion on both players. Clearly he rates Guidetti and sees a 19 year old on a free as a good piece of business and as one for the future, while alternatively while he might rate Elmander he doesn't agree that we should be looking at him as our potential starting striker next season (along with the wages and signing on fees that would come with), and instead we should be looking elsewhere for younger possibly better players.

It's really not difficult to comprehend, or at least interpret his way of thinking.

Typical Sewelly merk  :snod:

I'd be very, very content if the summer consisted of us signing either Gamerio or Sow, Whickham, Gervinho, M'Bengue for fees. (Probably cost about £30 million minimum like, so very doubtful.) And Larsson, Elmander and Puncheon as cheap, squad players. Hopefully get rid of some of the crap too, i.e Raylor, Perch, Smith, Lovenkrands. Have Ben Arfa and Gosling coming back too, maybe even Ireland on loan again.Would definatly loan Ranger out too.

Jay Bothroyd and Seb Larsson.  Not saying they're ideal, just pretty realistic and Ashley type signings, FREE.

I'd be happy with them both if we use the money wisely on other targets. They're squad fillers, but more importantly, better than the squad fillers we already have.

Jay Bothroyd and Seb Larsson.  Not saying they're ideal, just pretty realistic and Ashley type signings, FREE.

I'd be happy with them both if we use the money wisely on other targets. They're squad fillers, but more importantly, better than the squad fillers we already have.

agree with this