Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

RE: Park Chu-Young

His agent has just confirmed that he's turned down offers from Lille and Bordeaux and is saying that they might have "very good news to announce soon."

I think it's well within the realm of possibility that we've entered the race now after Erding turned us down.

Wouldn't be surprising at all since all our striking targets so far have been French based.

That would definitely be under the radar. What's he like? I don't really follow French football.

Imagine a Wayne Rooney who can't finish to save his life.

RE: Park Chu-Young

His agent has just confirmed that he's turned down offers from Lille and Bordeaux and is saying that they might have "very good news to announce soon."

I think it's well within the realm of possibility that we've entered the race now after Erding turned us down.

Wouldn't be surprising at all since all our striking targets so far have been French based.

That would definitely be under the radar. What's he like? I don't really follow French football.

Imagine a Wayne Rooney who can't finish to save his life.

:lol:  pretty fucking accurate that

He is Celtic's main striker, don't think he'll be cheap (or for sale for that matter).

Wouldn't mind him here tbh.

To be fair, the main strikers at these clubs in recent years have ended up at places like Boro & Cardiff. :lol:

Ha, indeed :laugh:

Ireneusz Jeleń

Still available as a free agent.

Free, check

Injury prone, check

Would be on relatively low wages, check

His last club was based in French, check

Seems to tick all of the Mike Ashley transfer plan boxes.

One player who I think is definitely attainable is Paraguay`s Nelson Valdez (relegated with Hercules)....not exactly a prolific goalscorer but a real workhorse, pace, power, could handle the Prem league and would play well with Ba up front IMO. For 4m euros he should be snapped up.....or try to sneak in a swap with Xisco even.

hmm.... Klaas Jan Huntelaar? Actually he hasn`t been so successful at Schalke since he signed (he is 3rd or 4th choice behind Raul / Farfan and Edu). Cost big money but not made the impact.

Also like the look of Paolo Guerrero of Hamburg but again not sure if we`d be able to get him (or interested for that matter).

Hulk has an £8m buy out Clause

surely worth a punt

He definitely doesn't.  :lol:

Spurs are also believed to have entered talks with Porto over the possibility of signing Brazilian striker Hulk, who has an £88m buy-out clause in his contract.

MY BAD

£88M

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What I get for speed reading... but how is that a buy out claus

Guest levi914

what about nicky maynard? i have not really seen him play much and know about his knee. but his goal to game record is really good. i do think we need some one good though not just a side way move. i still think we could give leon best a real chance. 10 starts 6 goals