Leon Best

Godot

I think he can still go on to be a really good striker for us, if he gets enough match time. If/when he gets a run of games, I'm fairly certain he'll have a good return of goals.

Definite starter for Fulham.

I think he can still go on to be a really good striker for us, if he gets enough match time. If/when he gets a run of games, I'm fairly certain he'll have a good return of goals.

That's the thing, I don't think the club/Pardew have faith in him as a starter. Third in line IMO (for some reason), and probably fourth when Ben Arfa is back.

Thought he was a bit poor. Miles better than Ba and Pete though.

This.  Seems to have no desire sometimes to me.  Everyone bangs on about his workrate but he never imposes himself on defenders.  Maybe we were spoilt by Carroll but I'd like to see him actually attack some crosses etc.

That's the thing, I don't think the club/Pardew have faith in him as a starter. Third in line IMO, and probably fourth when Ben Arfa is back.

Agree. Which is a shame, because I really do think his link-up play makes us a much better attacking unit.

His finishing, for the most, was shoddy tonight admittedly but he brought more to the team in terms of attacking in open play than any other striker has this season. It was only Scunthorpe, but this was true last season.

The way I see it right now is that Best's work rate and movement gets him chances whereas Ba and Shola at the minute look like they could play for weeks and not have a shot. Best may be far from perfect but he's the most threatening of our front men as it stands. We really need to buy a good striker! FFS.

I actually thought he was okay today.

He was.

He was decent but nothing more. I'm not sure he's viewed in terms of his relative importance to the team, but I'd be worried if you're relying on him to score consistently.

He was.

He was decent but nothing more. I'm not sure he's viewed in terms of his relative importance to the team, but I'd be worried if you're relying on him to score consistently.

There's more chance of him scoring consistently than the other strikers. But he looked very basic I will give you that.

He was.

Indeed. He won the majority of headers he went in for, but this is pretty much all he can do.

When he plays we spend the whole game hoofing it up to him anarl. Makes for grim viewing.

Guest BooBoo

Worked very very hard all night but just lacks a bit of quality.

Difficult to criticise him overly tonight though.

He was.

Why do you say that? [/genuine question]

Based on tonight? He had a shocking performance from a goalscoring perspective, but we know he can finish from last season. A bit more match time, as I've said, and he'll get goals. No doubt in my mind. His goalscoring record last season was pretty handy.

He was.

Based on tonight? He had a shocking performance from a goalscoring perspective, but we know he can finish from last season. A bit more match time, as I've said, and he'll get goals. No doubt in my mind. His goalscoring record last season was pretty hand.

I just don't think he has the quality to get many goals when you're playing badly. I wouldn't want to be relying on him to stick the ball in the net once every 3 games, or whatever.

His best work came outside the box tonight.

He was.

Based on tonight? He had a shocking performance from a goalscoring perspective, but we know he can finish from last season. A bit more match time, as I've said, and he'll get goals. No doubt in my mind. His goalscoring record last season was pretty hand.

I just don't think he has the quality to get many goals when you're playing badly. I wouldn't want to be relying on him to stick the ball in the net once every 3 games, or whatever.

His best work came outside the box tonight.

Fair enough, mate. I hope Pardew gives him the chance to prove you wrong/me right. :razz:

For now we'll have to agree to disagree.

Bit of a wait and see with this one.

Watch this space.

Also, I hate you. :(