Leon Best

Godot

Guest VegasToon

As someone who's always backed Best and said he's our best striker I'd just like to say :smug:

Would you say he will score 20 this year?

Just have to accept that with some forwards. As long as they are scoring it can be excused somewhat. Like Tiote picking up bookings or Robert smashing 8 out of 10 freekicks into the car park.

Natual goalscorers are often offside.

Yep, they play on the limit.

Whereas Ameobi doesn't even know there are limits. /bicycle

Yeah it's strange Ameobi gets caught offside so much when he's never even looking like getting in a goal scoring position.

Natual goalscorers are often offside.

Yep, they play on the limit.

Whereas Ameobi doesn't even know there are limits. /bicycle

Yeah it's strange Ameobi gets caught offside so much when he's never even looking like getting in a goal scoring position.

Has the awareness of a blinkered mole rate on a ketamin trip.

he took a nasty whack off Haageland in the first 5 minutes and looked like he would have to come off. he had a chance to shhot soon after with his left but couldn't because he was struggling. Did well to run it off and score the goals.

He was quite poor in the first half - won some headers but was offside an awful lot. He came to life in the second half, was a lot more considered with his runs and touches and produced a pair of goals. Well done.

Best is a goalscorer, not much else for me. He's quite good when he gets the ball inside the box. Know where the goal is most times. But what he really struggles with is the build up play. He never seem to be really comfortable with it. He ain't that good either to run at defences. But as long as we can get the ball into the box, best should start I think.

Guest WashyGeordie

I don't think he'll play enough games for that. Behind Ba and Ameobi still IMO.

Shouldn't be after scoring 2 today.

Although Ba did look better today than Thursday like (albeit in about 15-20mins)

Worryingly our best forward option... Who would of predicted that during his spell in the team at the tail end of our Championship winning season... Hopefully Ba will improve when he returns back to a more normal diet...

I think in the last games he should be at the top in the pecking order of current strikers we have... he is scoring, getting chances and also keeping the ball and linking it to the midfield after hoofs, with that said tho we really need a better quality forward in and also hope that ba will find his feet

Guest BooBoo

The only thing that spoilt his goal was the keeper got something on it. Turn like that and slot in in without Schwarzer getting a hand and it's Bergkamp territory.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110828/a-team-effort-for-pardew_2281670_2435106

Leon Best made his first Premier League start of the season and repaid Pardew's faith with a second-half double to condemn Fulham to defeat. And while the boss believes there is still room for improvement with the front man, he was full of praise for Best's display.

"He's a player who is trying to establish himself as a Premier League player," explained Pardew.

"I never really worry about his confidence. He kind of has that in abundance, which is not a bad thing for a footballer.

"I have known him for a long, long time and come up against him a couple of times and for me, he has never really had a run where he has said, 'I'm the man'.

"He will get an opportunity now and he needs to prove it. He was unlucky last year, to be fair, because an injury came at a really bad time for him when he was doing fantastically. He still needs to improve in some areas, but he was great today, especially in the second half."

Wonder if that's because he's moved up the pecking order or because there's nobody else coming in.