Leon Best

Godot

Thought Pardew had denied those rumours? I understand his credibility on here is relatively low, but I believed him on that particular issue.

Obviously he would be sold if anyone made a "good" offer for him, but I can't imagine that has been the case.

I really like him, out of the current crop he's comfortably our best option until Ba stops being shite.

Guest ShearerWHC

He moves really well into the box, despite being poor at helping the team going forward

I think he'll be fine alongside Ba or Ben Arfa, players that are more used to move around the box

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110828/a-team-effort-for-pardew_2281670_2435106

Leon Best made his first Premier League start of the season and repaid Pardew's faith with a second-half double to condemn Fulham to defeat. And while the boss believes there is still room for improvement with the front man, he was full of praise for Best's display.

"He's a player who is trying to establish himself as a Premier League player," explained Pardew.

"I never really worry about his confidence. He kind of has that in abundance, which is not a bad thing for a footballer.

"I have known him for a long, long time and come up against him a couple of times and for me, he has never really had a run where he has said, 'I'm the man'.

"He will get an opportunity now and he needs to prove it. He was unlucky last year, to be fair, because an injury came at a really bad time for him when he was doing fantastically. He still needs to improve in some areas, but he was great today, especially in the second half."

Wonder if that's because he's moved up the pecking order or because there's nobody else coming in.

Hmm.

Have squad numbers been confirmed now?

I'd give him number 9 tbh. Gave Carroll the world of confidence and might well do the same for Leon. Really like him as a centre forward, tbh, and really hope he kicks on this year. We're going to need him.

He's a pretty massive improvement on Ameobi like, in every way. At the very least with Leon best we have a player who can make the ball stick upfront and is liable to grab the odd goal, at the very best (and what he's shown so far) we have a better than 1 in 2 striker.

EDIT: I mean 1 in 2 obviosly.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I hope him and Ba get some time to form a partnership. They will both get goals and hopefully get a bit of an understanding.

Might have to get a sig like yours Cajun.  Currently defending - Leon Best  :laugh:

Just make sure you add "in the premier league" or something, those stats look fantastic :D

Seriously though, Best is what 24? No reason he can't be a very good forward for us despite his limitations.