Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

Tomkins isn't awful, he's just extremely average. Williamson out, Tomkins in with the money we receive. I think that's a worthwhile swap.

West Ham want £8 million plus for him!

Carrlol money  O0

Steven Taylor is more than good enough as one of a midtable team's best 3 centre halves.

Yep. And good enough to start for NUFC, which isn't a mid-table team at this point. :lol:

Up until his injury December before last i thought Taylor was in outstanding form, the trouble is he has no brain. So you need a player like Colo next to him. I'm doubtful that MYM can take over from Colo as Taylors brain, due to his nature and the language barrier. That said, after Colos first season here few thought he would become the player / leader he has.

Taylor's better in every respect, man.

Williamson has better positional sense.

Even if that were true it wouldn't matter too much given Williamson's inability to win one-on-one battles.

neither are good enough.

Taylor would be good enough for a team with our ambitions if he was fit enough to start 30 league games a season.

His man marking isn't good enough, he usually looks badly exposed when Colo isn't there to cover it.

• 2 months later...

It's strange that NUFC employ Graham Carr (on an 8 year contract) to spot players but we barely sign any. He works all season looking at players and then NUFC only sign one youngster (Olivier Kerem) and Remy on loan. I'd imagine his list of potential transfer targets is quite a long list. I wonder what he thinks when NUFC buy no one.

Like Caulkin mentioned on twitter earlier, at least with Llambias there was a plan. There just isn't one anymore. At the time he signed the 8-year deal we were going to sign players, but clearly something's happened and Ashley has completely lost interest.

Wasn't he on the verge of resigning when kinnear came in? I wonder if he will be tempted again after tonight

Why would he? Got a nice trip to St Tropez out of it, did he not?

I think he's the one person who doesn't care about that stuff to be honest.

Besides he spends his life in France lol

Wasn't he on the verge of resigning when kinnear came in? I wonder if he will be tempted again after tonight

Why would he? Got a nice trip to St Tropez out of it, did he not?

I think he's the one person who doesn't care about that stuff to be honest.

Besides he spends his life in France lol

Erm..

Edit: I was being sarcastic. Never mind..

If they have no intention of spending any/much money on investing in the squad then there's absolutely no reason why he needs to be here. He seems to be the only one at the top of the club even remotely good at his job and I'd rather his judgement was backed but sadly that's not the case. He's not the problem but I'm not sure how much longer he'll put up with being snubbed by Ashley. He finds the players, the owner ignores him. How can that continue?

In theory it shouldn't matter at all. He's paid to identify potential targets which he does. But you're right, if he takes any pride in his work, which I'm sure he does then he needs to see the end result.