Arsene Wenger

Parky

Guest Walter

Strange move for City. Zabaletta is probably in the top 3 RB's in the league for me.

No probably about it. Him, Ivanovic and Coleman.

Zabaleta > Debuchy > Coleman > Ivanovic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bimpy474

not sure its a good move personally, might have been the right time for him to bow out while he's still on top (relatively speaking)

I agree like, leave after winning a trophy again.

Guest bimpy474

Wenger loves football too much to jack it in.

I meant go somewhere else, possibly International football, not to give up completely. Think you're spot on, he loves the day to day stuff too much to leave club football.

I meant go somewhere else, possibly International football, not to give up completely. Think you're spot on, he loves the day to day stuff too much to leave club football.

Definitely, he loves Arsenal too though, possibly too much if anything.

Guest bimpy474

Aye, there's definitely a right time to leave a club and if you love a club as much as Arsense does in Arsenal, he may not see it when he should. Sir Alex got it spot on. Funnily enough Mourinho gets it right on a much shorter time scale, Porto, Inter, Real, he seems to get out just at the right time..

Aye, there's definitely a right time to leave a club and if you love a club as much as Arsense does in Arsenal, he may not see it when he should. Sir Alex got it spot on. Funnily enough Mourinho gets it right on a much shorter time scale, Porto, Inter, Real, he seems to get out just at the right time..

wouldn't include Real since he was more or less kicked out of there with mostly everyone hating him

Guest bimpy474

wouldn't include Real since he was more or less kicked out of there with mostly everyone hating him

You know what i mean though. You're right, Jose does have ability to incite hatred of him, personally i think he's a good manager but a massive prat of a bloke.

which is quite a feat when you consider he managed to take the title off the best team of the last however many generations, that was mourinho's greatest achievement imho...he stopped the unstoppable and they've truthfully never been the same since

You know what i mean though. You're right, Jose does have ability to incite hatred of him, personally i think he's a good manager but a massive prat of a bloke.

No doubt, winning the CL with Porto and Inter comparatively limited resources (by champions league standards) were incredible feats but the way he conducts himself leaves a hell of a lot to be desired. Must be noted as much as the english press swoons and fawns over him neither the Italian or Spanish press ever took to him to any extent.

which is quite a feat when you consider he managed to take the title off the best team of the last however many generations, that was mourinho's greatest achievement imho...he stopped the unstoppable and they've truthfully never been the same since

Impressive feat but at Real winning the title isn't considered that big an achievement, see Capello two seasons at Real 10 years apart, sacked both times despite winning the title in both seasons. 

anyway to get somewhat back on topic, its rare that any manager can get the opportunity to go out on top from a club and I wonder will Wenger get as good a chance to go out a winner as he had here.

I'd disagree. Barcelona peaked in Mou's first season at Madrid. The year before Pep left the decline had just started imo.

Madrid were brilliant mind but it wasn't the same Barca of the previous season.

anyway to get somewhat back on topic, its rare that any manager can get the opportunity to go out on top from a club and I wonder will Wenger get as good a chance to go out a winner as he had here.

This is still the worst Arsenal team in the last 17 years though. At a point they had a young Flamini, Fabregas, Nasri, Adebayor & RVP. That bunch didn't win anything but it was a team he could leave behind with pride - this bunch aren't close.

He won't, though. Not in his nature.

Think he will, this time. The Ozil signing sent showed the calibre of player they're now after/can compete for and I fancy them to get another 1 or 2 of that level, over the summer. If they get a better starting striker in and someone who can take a grip of the midfield more in the bigger games then I fancy them to do really push for the league next year.

They're already weaker now that Sagna has pretty much done one.

Blessing in disguise. Their joint weakest position at the top level.

Jenkinson is fine as a replacement RB, and this could give them a good kick so they can get Debuchy.

Jenkinson's not a CL level fullback.

Not first XI, but as cover for Debuchy.

Strange move for City. Zabaletta is probably in the top 3 RB's in the league for me.

No probably about it. Him, Ivanovic and Coleman.

Zabaleta > Debuchy > Coleman > Ivanovic

:lol:

Righto.