Sammy Ameobi released

James

He's always a defender's foot away from losing the ball when he 'dribbles' past players.

A decent prospect, but far from the finished article. That said, his pass to HBA was superb at the end there.

Did well, but he always looks for the dribble and never looks up, very ball greedy.

Thought he did very well myself. When he shot he was right to take it on, and the pass sprayed out to HBA was lovely too when we broke (the one where HBA eventually cut inside and drilled it low into Jones' body from the right).

Great cameo IMO.

He could do with driving forward a bit more at times. He tends to slow down and be tricky and jinky, would have liked to see him pick a space and bomb in to it a la Stirling. He's decent with the ball at his feet but always likely to have it knicked away from him. Poor man's Ben Arfa at the moment but he's only young. By the end of the season he needs to have kicked on and I hope he does. Like Disco said a great option off the bench at the moment.

As an added point, his defensive positioning is woeful.

Thought the lad looked bright enough when he came. Caused a bit of trouble for the Scousers.

A canny option of the bench like. His (somewhat) unpredictability could help us to turn some games.

I think he's just as likely to all over his own feet as beat a man. He's certainly improved on last season, where some of his PL showings were lamentable.

He is great as a sub especially when we was down to ten men today and all he could do was carry the ball out and he did it some success I have to say, nearly put Ben Arfa through with a ball but slightly over hit it, looking very promising I'm excited to see how he progresses.

Should be given a shot instead of Jonas for a bit.

Love his enthusiasm, and always good to have a local lad trying his heart out.

Why does it have to be instead of Jonas? we have played 3 in the middle last 2 games if anything Sammy would have to take Cisse's position if you want him in the starting line up.

I still think he's best as a impact player tbh.

yeah, at this moment he's too raw to start league games imo. He'd end up losing the ball a lot of times if he played from the start and it'd do him more harm than good. Give him a few starts here and there in the other competitions by all means though.