Sammy Ameobi released

James

Surely there are hundreds and hundreds out there with asthma, it's so common?

I've got a lot of time for Sammy. Our squad is undoubtedly a mess but I reckon we've got one of our most talented batches of young players in ages. Sammy, Bigi, Ayoze, Aarons - all have shown way more than their predecessors over the last several years.

That said, this is Sammy's fourth season in the first team, it's time he started qualifying his promise with consistent performances.

All points made in this post are null and void because Pardew. Just wanted to feel real again for a couple of minutes.

I would like to see him get the same run of games as someone like Gouffran, problem with Sammy is he always picks up an injury when getting few games. He has definitely improved in last 2 years and clearly has ability but needs to be starting games at his age.

I always want our young players to do well and would love him, Armstrong, Campbell etc to make it at this level.

Surely there are hundreds and hundreds out there with asthma, it's so common?

I've got a lot of time for Sammy. Our squad is undoubtedly a mess but I reckon we've got one of our most talented batches of young players in ages. Sammy, Bigi, Ayoze, Aarons - all have shown way more than their predecessors over the last several years.

That said, this is Sammy's fourth season in the first team, it's time he started qualifying his promise with consistent performances.

All points made in this post are null and void because Pardew. Just wanted to feel real again for a couple of minutes.

I would like to see him get the same run of games as someone like Gouffran, problem with Sammy is he always picks up an injury when getting few games. He has definitely improved in last 2 years and clearly has ability but needs to be starting games at his age.

I always want our young players to do well and would love him, Armstrong, Campbell etc to make it at this level.

Campbell must be a long shot now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

He tries too hard, probably the pressure of being another Ameobi footballer, playing for his hometown team and his African ancestry. If he relaxes and slots into his own natural game, we have a talent on our hands. Some stuff he did today was brilliant, some was awful though. He could be our Kanu if he bulks up a tad and stays more central.

Guest Howaythetoon

Dont get me wrong, think he is talent.

Maybe its just his demeanor. Very lazy looking, and come 60mins + , he looks knackered

He's a forward being asked to be a wide winger and a full-back. Pardew sets us up so each player has to do lots of off the ball running defensively which takes it out of our players. He's not the only player in black and white who constantly looks shagged.

Dont get me wrong, think he is talent.

Maybe its just his demeanor. Very lazy looking, and come 60mins + , he looks knackered

He's a forward being asked to be a wide winger and a full-back. Pardew sets us up so each player has to do lots of off the ball running defensively which takes it out of our players. He's not the only player in black and white who constantly looks shagged.

To that extent - yes he's the only one to be tired to that extent all the time.

I like the lad played ok today was one of our better players first half, I just hope he doesn't get the Ben Arfa treatment from some fans moaning like fuck when he occasionally loses the ball, that's going to happen sometimes when u actually attempt to take defenders on.

I love Aarons but I'm not 100% convinced he's ready to be an every day starter in the premier league quite yet. Shitloads of potential sure, but I'd love to see what Ayoze could do with proper service from a top quality winger. (Yes obviously we won't get one, but a man can dream.) Not saying Aarons shouldn't get games and starts, I'm just not quite ready to bet the house on him yet.

Sammy on the other hand, I am losing patience with. He was okaaaay today but for the most part when he gets the ball, unless he lays it off immediately, my first thought is that he's going to lose it.

Of course I'm also one of those sick fucks who wants to see us win games, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

Didn't do s*** today imo. Would love to see an actual left winger come in in January.

Not really sure how you come to that analysis to be honest.  It wasn't a stellar performance but it was perfectly ok and he's been pretty good this season.  You're a pretty harsh critic if his performance yesterday was enough to make you question his ability.

Better than Cabella in the first half imo.

Unfit as owt however. Legs had one by 55 mins. Started looking for fouls that weren't there after that because he just couldn't run anymore. If he wants to make it he needs to get on that Cronaldo/Bale heck even Aarons or Milner training regimen. Needs to be fitter and stronger (not that bulking up lark).

This guy is very talented. Some of the footwork he displays is ridiculous. There is a bit of genius in there.

He is at the worst club he could choose to be at though. Bet Pardew is constantly on him to stop being so flamboyant with the ball at his feet.

Not to mention the guy will never get the ball consistently to feet in positions where he can bamboozle defenders, and really get into a rhythm, because the ball stays being launched at his head, or Ayoze's.