Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

I might be concerned if he was a striker, feeding off chances created by the Scottish shite behind him, but as a central midfielder he should be able to show whether he really outclasses those around him. Doesn't seem like a bad move to me.

I might be concerned if he was a striker, feeding off chances created by the Scottish shite behind him, but as a central midfielder he should be able to show whether he really outclasses those around him. Doesn't seem like a bad move to me.

Should be a decent physical battle as well.

Krul was already a good keeper, he didn't need a loan to get him moving. Abeid does, he has great potential, and he's going to be bored as sin in the SPL. Absolute waste.

He may as well kick a ball around in his back garden with his dog

:lol: where do you suggest he goes then? As I said, if better clubs were interested he would have gone.

He was apparently in talks with French clubs.... Berets > Kilts

If he is going to make it in the english game farming him back to France wouldn't help. He needs somewhere he will get games in a competetive setting, hopefully this will happen at St johnstone. Maybe i am being too optimistic but you would think the staff would place him into a loan situation which best suits improving his weaknesses.

So, a long awaited loan for the lad. Hope he does well up there.

He's looked decent enough when he has featured for us and I say this for every youth/fringe player we send out on loan: first team experience will do him a lot of good.

• 1 month later...

I went to the Hearts v Saints game last night totally forgetting he'd be playing.

Some decent touches and one nice run but not a lot of product to him. Played in an overrun 5-man midfield and was taken off on 40 mins with them 1 down. Didn't take too well to it either and stormed off down the tunnel. Probably not a reflection on his showing on the night he got subbed but while he looks to have futher bulked up still wasn't pulling up trees. By comparison Michael N'Goo for Hearts who is on loan from Liverpool, just think lighterweight Shola, dominated the front line and caused real problems. 

• 1 month later...