Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Thought Abeid showed colback up for what he is last night. How a real modern DM should play

Aye. A performance of Matic proportions last night. He has the attributes to be of that level IMO if he plays regularly, stays injury free, and keeps his head below the clouds.

Thought Abeid showed colback up for what he is last night. How a real modern DM should play

:thup:

Standard Colback performance of running around giving the illusion of being involved last night.

I'd start Abeid and Sissoko next home match given they're both bang in form.

The most impressive thing for me was he knew the exact right moments to draw a foul and relieve the pressure when we were under the cosh, rather than just belting it away and recycling Man City's possession for them.

did he look quick and strong enough?  that's not a pardew dig or anything, i'm just genuinely interested as i'd love to see him in the team ahead of colback personally

Certainly didn't look out of place on the physical front and seemed happy to mix it when needed. Didn't need to be quick (aside from mentally) but having seen him previously I don't think he'd be defined as slow.

I prefer Jack though, cos he gives 100% for the Geordie cause and is an Englisher.

did he look quick and strong enough?  that's not a pardew dig or anything, i'm just genuinely interested as i'd love to see him in the team ahead of colback personally

Certainly didn't look out of place on the physical front and seemed happy to mix it when needed. Didn't need to be quick (aside from mentally) but having seen him previously I don't think he'd be defined as slow.

I prefer Jack though, cos he gives 100% for the Geordie cause and is an Englisher.

He's not lightning quick, but he's got a decent stride on him and he actually caught a few City midfielders and dispossessed them right in front of Pardew's face. Might be why for the first time Pardew actually acknowledged him publicly. I doubt he even knew much about him previously. He was obviously picked along with Armstrong to take the blame for losing yesterday but he had other ideas.

I'd want Tiote/Abeid/Colback/Anita next to Sissoko when fit. I only want 2 central guys as I want a more advanced play making central player - be it De Jong, Cabella, or Ayoze (further up) as a second striker/ACM.

Bigirimana was 18 with half a season of Championship football under his belt, Abeid is four years older with a lot more experience. Jesus what is wrong with people? A myth ffs.

Come on Wullie.

Some posters speak about him like he was the second coming.

Reminded me of that guy that used to play for us Bigirimana.

Poor Bigi, who knows wtf he did to Pardew.

He fell in the borehole.  We're saving up for a ladder to get him out.

Bloody sovereign states and their large array of ladders, can't compete with that.