Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Nothing in the Dutch press about Fer to Everton. At 8 million it would represent a bit of a gamble if you ask me. He's been quite injury prone since moving to Twente and hasn't really delivered on his early promise.

massive gamble at that price....still creaming me pants that we got Sissoko for a quarter of that amount.

Fer deal confirmed. Looks exactly the type of player we're missing in the middle :thup:

Wow, hope it works out for you. He's not dissimilar to Sissoko really, in that he is a physically imposing central midfielder who is more suited to a more attacking role than as a midfield destroyer. How do you plan to use him?

Can't believe no one has come in for Fellaini. Citeh, manure, Chelsea & Arsenal would all improve massively with him in the side. £24m is a good deal as well (has a reported release clause)

Depends, if they use him behind the striker then yeah but if they use him as a CM then no.

Fer deal confirmed. Looks exactly the type of player we're missing in the middle :thup:

Wow, hope it works out for you. He's not dissimilar to Sissoko really, in that he is a physically imposing central midfielder who is more suited to a more attacking role than as a midfield destroyer. How do you plan to use him?

When everyone is fit I'd imagine we'd play a midfield 3 of Gibson holding, Fer going box to box and Fellaini playing furthest forward (unless Fellaini is going, in which case you'd have Osman in there)

Can't believe no one has come in for Fellaini. Citeh, manure, Chelsea & Arsenal would all improve massively with him in the side. £24m is a good deal as well (has a reported release clause)

I was shocked City came in for Rodwell and not Fellaini. All the fans had pretty much given up on Rodwell and were happy to see the back of him when City came calling. Fellaini's release clause was confirmed as being more than £24m btw. Think he will go in the summer but hopeful he will stay put during this window.

When everyone is fit I'd imagine we'd play a midfield 3 of Gibson holding, Fer going box to box and Fellaini playing furthest forward (unless Fellaini is going, in which case you'd have Osman in there)

I was shocked City came in for Rodwell and not Fellaini. All the fans had pretty much given up on Rodwell and were happy to see the back of him when City came calling. Fellaini's release clause was confirmed as being more than £24m btw. Think he will go in the summer but hopeful he will stay put during this window.

Any idea how much more? Same he has one at all, all 4 clubs I mentioned should be involved in a bidding war in the summer for him (but still surprised no one took the opportunity to nab him now)

Box to box should suit him fairly well. Hope he does well for you. Shame for my hometwon club they sold him for half this amount to Twente for considerably less (5.5 million euros) one and a half year ago.

Any idea how much more? Same he has one at all, all 4 clubs I mentioned should be involved in a bidding war in the summer for him (but still surprised no one took the opportunity to nab him now)

Various reports on the exact figure, but the only well documented thing is that it's more than £24m. I think most Everton fans will tell you that they won't be surprised if he goes in the summer if we don't finish in the top 4. He won't leave before Thursday though, of that I'm 99.9% sure.

Never expected to spend £8m on a player this window but from what I've seen of him - not that it's much to go off - it could be a great move. I mean, it'll be a great move just by having Neville not play in midfield anymore.

Nope, probably under £30m though tbh. I think we had to include a clause to get him to sign a 5 year deal last season.

Don't think Arsenal will be in the running for him, mind. Firstly, they are never willing to pay the going rate for anybody (they only bought Arteta because he was coming off a bad season, and we wanted to shift his big wages off the books, so he was allowed to go for a knock down fee). Secondly, their team continues to weaken every season and the future doesn't look very bright at the Emirates imo. Fellaini can have his pick of most clubs in Europe so I certainly don't see him leaving us for Arsenal.

Big money moves are rare in January, though. Most clubs don't have this kind of money budgeted, even the moneybags ones.

Odemwingie's not exactly showing himself in a positive manner is he ?

If I were WBA I'd make sure even if the tosser refused to play and had to keep fining him, he'd be going nowhere

Oh, and Everton again shelling out a sizeable amount for a player.. :yikes:

Fer who ?

Odemwingie's not exactly showing himself in a positive manner is he ?

If I were WBA I'd make sure even if the tosser refused to play and had to keep fining him, he'd be going nowhere

a sane club would give him a wide berth after those comments

QPR are not a sane club however

QPR have made a fresh bid of £3.25 million for Odemwingie, Albion have turned it down, hope we screw them for every last penny, horrible club.

They are desperate for signings. Reckon if you hold out til the last bit of the transfer window you'll get closer to 5m.

I originally thought no more than £3 million, but I tend to agree with you now, who else would they be able to sign with his ability, not many, I reckon Odemwonga will be off come Thursday, once 'arry has shoved some more dosh in that brown paper bag.

QPR have made a fresh bid of £3.25 million for Odemwingie, Albion have turned it down, hope we screw them for every last penny, horrible club.

They are desperate for signings. Reckon if you hold out til the last bit of the transfer window you'll get closer to 5m.

I originally thought no more than £3 million, but I tend to agree with you now, who else would they be able to sign with his ability, not many, I reckon Odemwonga will be off come Thursday, once 'arry has shoved some more dosh in that brown paper bag.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/peter-odemwingie/aufeinenblick/spieler_12516.html

Quote them £4.8m, no less. :pow: