Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Dortmund have managed to improve despite losing Kagawa and Sahin. I think they'll stick to what they do. Many strikers around Europe will want to fill Lewandowski's boots, same goes for Götze. I think Klopp is someone you'd want to play for now as well.

It's ludicrous to say this after Lewandowski's performance tonight - but they could do with having someone a bit more lethal, consistently. Saying that, Lewandowski's all round ability is such that he makes up for it.

Eriksen would be good. Reus is ready made for that role though, imo, though I can see why they like him out wide.

'Bild' were reporting at dinnertime today that Dortmund are going to keep Lewandowski for next season and let him go on a free in summer 2014.

Strange decision if it's true as I would have thought they could get around £20 million for him this summer.

Sell while he's at peak value, he's just scored 4 against Real Madrid. Top dollar to then spend on Dzeko and A N Other.

Aye Dortmund can do a lot with all this cash, as long as Klopp stays and no one else leaves i don't think it will effect them too much now i have thought about it.

It's ludicrous to say this after Lewandowski's performance tonight - but they could do with having someone a bit more lethal, consistently. Saying that, Lewandowski's all round ability is such that he makes up for it.

Eriksen would be good. Reus is ready made for that role though, imo, though I can see why they like him out wide.

Think he's matured and become more consistent over the past 2 years, he's scored in the last 12 league games and has scored 64 goals in 90 games over the past two years. With that being said his goalscoring isn't

the most important aspect of this game, he's just the perfect striker for the 4-5-1 formation Dortmund play and his distribution, movement and hold-up play are absolutely pivotal  to their success.

Dortmund did well bringing in Reus for Kagawa and Gundogan for Sahin,  Eriksen would also be a good replacement for Götze but I very much doubt they'll be able to bring in a forward that brings as much to the table as Lewandowski does.

'Bild' were reporting at dinnertime today that Dortmund are going to keep Lewandowski for next season and let him go on a free in summer 2014.

Strange decision if it's true as I would have thought they could get around £20 million for him this summer.

Believe it or not sometimes players are worth more than the transfer fee they can command.

Blimey.

Is Guardiola pulling the transfer budget strings in advance of taking over then?

I think so this signing smacks of Guardiola.

Not so bizarre, I suppose, but very strange with them possibly set to play in a CL final - and I think they will!

Should've bet on it. Would have got good odds :(

Dortmund could easily go for one of Bayerns strikers if Bayern get Lewandowski or maybe loan someone like Lukaku. I think they should definitely get the money as I don't believe releasing him on a free will help them. They will with or without him still be the second best team in Germany.

Dortmund are supposed to be going in for Eriksen from Ajax to replace Gotze, think he'll be a brilliant replacement if they do get him in.

I can really see that happening

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Dzeko did a Balo and suddenly looked the dogs bollocks again if that happened :lol:

Has he even been that bad here? They don't seem to use him correctly, and that's a decent goal ratio for someone who often comes off the bench. Would be a great signing for Dortmund in my opinion.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Dzeko did a Balo and suddenly looked the dogs bollocks again if that happened :lol:

Has he even been that bad here? The don't seem to use him correctly, and that's a decent goal ratio for someone who often comes off the bench. Would be great for Dortmund in my opinion.

I mean in general play, both Balo and Dzeko have looked very underwhelming in link up while in England.

Yet when in Germany and Italy respectively they suddenly look like Ibra 2.0 by comparison. ( and for their national teams)

Some of it is due to Mancini's awful coaching and tactics, but some of it is due to how little technique training is done in this country by comparison.