Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Andy Brassell (@andybrassell) tweeted at 10:31 AM on Thu, Mar 21, 2013:

Portuguese media widely reporting that deal is done to sell Ricky van Wolfswinkel to Norwich. €10m fee paid now, he'd move in summer

Using next season's TV money already. Can see other clubs buying big in the summer.

Guest palnese

Portuguese media widely reporting that deal is done to sell Ricky van Wolfswinkel to Norwich. €10m fee paid now, he'd move in summer

Using next season's TV money already. Can see other clubs buying big in the summer.

Pretty much what we've been doing, isn't it?

Well Chelsea are a big club aren't they? I'm sorry but in his defence, he's born 92, and Chelsea have been quite a club in the last decade or so. These are the exact years that he's grown up to see and as for him Chelsea are a big club. I personally don't see them as a great club, but by standards they've played two CL finals in the last couple of years and won the league...As for Shitty. They're Chelsea 10 years ago.

I would love to have a run like Chelsea did in the late 90's. FA Cups and UEFA Cups.

Pretty much what we've been doing, isn't it?

I hope not. :lol:

Holt to the mackems  :pedro:

Yeah, can see a lot of smaller clubs spending £8-10m on players this summer without batting an eyelid.

and we will continue to take advantage of clauses/contract lengths :troll:

That being said, the fee Norwich are apparently paying seems pretty low considering his apparent standing in the game.

That being said, the fee Norwich are apparently paying seems pretty low considering his apparent standing in the game.

Release clause is around 19m but they are well over 100m in debt and need to sell.

Release clause is around 19m but they are well over 100m in debt and need to sell.

Resident Benfiquistas are rejoicing atm.

Signed.

Be interesting to see how that works out, everything I've read/seen suggests he isn't a true centre forward.

Got to admit I love transfers like this though, see Gaston/Saints.