Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Wouldn't be surprised if Man United want cold, hard cash to pony up some kind of bid for Ronaldo. There have been plenty of rumours about them doing it alongside sponsorship deals.

Rooney's wages off the bill fits in with this too given his massive contract.

---

Napoli in talks to sign Higuain.

Chelsea Football Club can confirm that yesterday it made a written offer to Manchester United for the transfer of Wayne Rooney. Although the terms of that offer are confidential, for the avoidance of doubt and contrary to what is apparently being briefed to the press in Sydney, the proposed purchase does not include the transfer or loan of any players from Chelsea to Manchester United.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-chelsea-confirm-rooney-bid-deny-offering-120153424.html?cpm=EPLFB13

Moyes is going to screw up big time isn't he :lol:

Dude is already flying off the handle, and saying weird things. If he's really turned down that bid, my word ...

What's he said that was weird?...

Dude is already flying off the handle, and saying weird things. If he's really turned down that bid, my word ...

What's he said that was weird?...

The clumsy quote about Rooney being needed as a back up for Van Persie.

Is mata on the decline? Chelsea seem to want rid and was shite for Spain in the summer.

Nah he's definitely not. Despite all of the Bale hype last year I thought that Mata was better than he was. He's such a lovely footballer and has a lot more to his game than Bale does.

Moyes will have even less say in big player sales than Pardew here.

What makes you think that?

The glazer family and saf upstairs. Moyes is a coach, no more than that, for now at least.

jamie jackson ‏@GuardianJamieJ 1m

Ed Woodward, #mufc exec vice-chairman, is flying back from pre-season tour in Australia to attend to urgent transfer business

Wonder if its Rooney related

Edward Woodward? If I was Moyes I'd put him in the team....always good for an equalizer.

Guest palnese

Giggs?

Following Wednesday's win against Singha All-Stars in Bangkok, Jose Mourinho spoke about a bid made by Chelsea to sign Wayne Rooney.

The Chelsea manager confirmed that a written offer to Manchester United for the transfer of the striker had been made but that no other players are part of the offer.

'Chelsea is interested in this player, made a bid and what we did we did officially,' Mourinho said.

'Now we have nothing more to say, we want the player, we made the bid and now it is up to Man United.

'We don't want to make public the bid but it is just a certain amount of money and it doesn't involve players or players in the possibility of negotiation. No Juan Mata, no David Luiz.'

Mourinho added that he did not know Man United's response to the bid.

'Now I keep trying to improve my players and we will see what happens.

'From me no more comments with respect to Man United, my colleague David Moyes and my players.

'I trust my players and I am happy with them and in this bid I want to be respectful.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3242149/title/mourinho-on-rooney-bid

A bit strange to publish this on their homepage, isn't it?