Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Downing is a self centred cunt for engineering this after we bought him knowing he'd be on crutches for months.

I'd rather have kept him, he's a more than decent player, but if it is true that it is 20m then that is well, well over the top, and we've got some money to buy a replacement.

Liverpool are certainly going for it, but, really Downing + Adam + Carroll + Henderson for 85 million pounds? Looks a bit silly to me.

Liverpool agree fee of £20m with Villa for Downing.  :-X

f***ing mental! £20 million for Downing?!?!

We'll have £100 million for Tiote please!

And the rest, if Downings 20 mill that makes Tiote at least 250 mill.  :tiote:

No less than 1.6 billion imo

Downing is a self centred cunt for engineering this after we bought him knowing he'd be on crutches for months.

I'd rather have kept him, he's a more than decent player, but if it is true that it is 20m then that is well, well over the top, and we've got some money to buy a replacement.

Liverpool are certainly going for it, but, really Downing + Adam + Carroll + Henderson for 85 million pounds? Looks a bit silly to me.

N'Zogbia in presumably then? £10m (ish) and an extra £10m to strengthen the squad out a bit? 

I feel a bit sorry for Villa like, although they've got good prices for Young and Downing I think they would have been on the verge of a next-level team with them.

Darren Bent must feel like he got merked.

I'd like to see us throw a cheeky bid in for Darren Bent, although if Downing has gone for 20 dread to think what they would want for Bent.

N'Zogbia in presumably then? £10m (ish) and an extra £10m to strengthen the squad out a bit? 

Given apparently is going to happen. I hope N'Zogbia comes in. To be honest, had i been offered the chance of a straight swap of N'Zogbia for Downing, I'd have gone for it.

We need a left back, as we can't trust Warnock to get his head right, and something in the centre of defence, I think.

Given apparently is going to happen. I hope N'Zogbia comes in. To be honest, had i been offered the chance of a straight swap of N'Zogbia for Downing, I'd have gone for it.

We need a left back, as we can't trust Warnock to get his head right, and something in the centre of defence, I think.

Decent business. Buy Zog and Given and still have a bit left over for a decent LB or CH.

Think Liverpool's worst signing might turn out to be Adam. If he isn't playing every week he seems the type of lad who could become a porker pretty quickly.

Presumably he's convinced them he's prepared to bust a gut to get fitter than ever. Obviously no idea how they'll line up and if he'll start every game like, doubt anyone has.

Think Liverpool's worst signing might turn out to be Adam. If he isn't playing every week he seems the type of lad who could become a porker pretty quickly.

Presumably he's convinced them he's prepared to bust a gut to get fitter than ever. Obviously no idea how they'll line up and if he'll start every game like, doubt anyone has.

I reckon he'll struggle in a midfield where he's not constantly on the ball. With Gerrard, Downing and Meireles all wanting to pull the strings he'll not fit in as well as he did at Blackpool.

I don't get why transfer requests are suddenly a game changer. A player writes that he wants to leave and thats that? He automatically has to go? Clubs will flat out refuse to sell players then the magical request comes in and they MUST sell. I just don't get it.

I don't get why transfer requests are suddenly a game changer. A player writes that he wants to leave and thats that? He automatically has to go? Clubs will flat out refuse to sell players then the magical request comes in and they MUST sell. I just don't get it.

I think they can theoretically reject a transfer request. But it's a strong indication they'll have a disgruntled player on their hands.

Also, it must have something to do with their contract and whether the player is entitled to certain bonuses.

Personally I think Spurs should tell Chelsea to fuck off.

I think they can theoretically reject a transfer request. But it's a strong indication they'll have a disgruntled player on their hands.

Also, it must have something to do with their contract and whether the player is entitled to certain bonuses.

Personally I think Spurs should tell Chelsea to f*** off.

not only does it mean they have a player who wants away but doeswn't it also mean the selling club keeps more of the fee. think it used to be 10% went to the player if he hadn't asked for amove, not too sure what it is now.

It's the 'get out of jail free' card for owners/chairmen. They can resist all bids but once that request goes in and the player publically states 'I don't want to be here' then he's persona non grata. The fans never take the player's side and he gets his move without the owner/chairman losing face.