Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest Heneage

Schmeichel's not 37 and the greatest player of the Premier League era.

A goalkeeper would never take that title anyway. Think you'll struggle to find a better custodian than him.

lol

He couldn't get much slower so he'll be going backwards after 8 months out.

His game hasn't had pace in it for five years. He still has the ability to change a game.

He was great but is he the answer? Very strange move from Man United that seems to confirm there'll be no signings this month.

I wouldn't say strange. Given that the next option in midfield was Paul Pogba, I think the free resigning of Paul Scholes was a win-win situation for both parties.

Guest Chubby Jason

Am I the only one who doesn't buy into this whole "nice guy Scholsey"? He's a prick who's openly admitted trying to "get his own back" with these dreadful challenges he's put in over the years (and got away with). He's also really thick to come out of retirement at this stage he went on for a season too long in the 1st place.

Nee chance, shirley?

Very much doubt it myself. Blackburn need to sell before they can buy though, and Hoilett is out of contract in the summer. OC is a known admirer, we tried to sign him in August apparently...

Alan Nixon is the guy that reported it, and it's known that he's friends with OC and usually is fairly accurate as far as our transfers go. If it isn't a load of sh*te, then I'm not sure why he's leaked it at this early stage, as surely bigger clubs would come in and usurp the deal. Could all be a smokescreen for another signing, I suppose...

If we did sign him and avoid relegation, we'd have a pretty canny midfield when Holden and Lee come back. Shame about the defence though.