Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I'm thinking along the lines of their being some sort of EU legislation in regards to fair and equal trading.

That would be news to me. I would think, if that is the case, that from a football club perspective it would be fairly easy to work around it by saying 'Juventus have offerred us £5m less than Citeh but we have first option on their reserve team captain' or some such twaddle??

The issue would be whether or not RVP would be prepared to go there and, if not, how strongly they feel about having a fucked off star player at the club.

Hypothetically lads, if you were in RvPs position and your choices were stay put, Man United or Man City - where would you go?

Citeh. Best money, current league champions, best squad, will be competitive for the foreseeable future and you wouldn't have the cloud of 'who will they bring in when Fergie pops his clogs' you would at Man Utd.

Swansea have supposedly based their price for Joe Allan on what Liverpool paid for Henderson.

Then Allen should be 60m

I'd be fuming if i were Allan: 'You think that little of me?'  :lol:

Friedel was on loan here as a youngster? Didn't knar that like.

Wasn't there work permit problems?

:snod:

Aite it was..didnt we bring in another american keeper at that time or was that Mike Hooper? :p

Swansea have supposedly based their price for Joe Allan on what Liverpool paid for Henderson.

Good for them, imo. Rip those twats off to buggery, they've set themselves a precedent for paying over the odds for mediocrity, make them stick to it.

Looks like Geoffrey Kondogbia is on his way to Reading.

Have we had him on trial? I recognise his name and presume because he is young and French we've been linked with him

Have we had him on trial? I recognise his name and presume because he is young and French we've been linked with him

Might have had a trial but we've defs been linked to him plenty. Another Darnel Situ-ation by the looks of it.

Have we had him on trial? I recognise his name

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2009/1/13/1231872130025/Joe-Kinnear-001.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2009/1/13/1231872130025/Joe-Kinnear-001.jpg

:lol:

Might have had a trial but we've defs been linked to him plenty. Another Darnel Situ-ation by the looks of it.

Been strongly rumoured to be heading to Juventus for the last few months. 

More experienced than Situ having played most of the season with RC Lens.  Very highly rated, could be a good signing.

:lol: :lol:

Although it depresses me to be reminded of that cunt. How the fuck was he our manager man?

Guest VaVaVoom

Looking at the top teams dealings it is only us, man u and liverpool who havent strengthened significantly so far.

Chelsea will come back stronger this season, i fancy Arsenal to push on and have a go at the title and Man City dont need to strengthen. Thats my top 3.

It may sound daft but i see Man U falling away this season if they dont heavily invest. Spurs will have a dodgey season too as i dont think AVB will do very well. Liverpool are shit.

1st. Man City

2nd. Chelsea

3rd. Arsenal

4th. Man U

5th. Newcastle

6th. Tottenham

7th. Liverpool.

I'm not sure Arsenal will keep in the top 4 this season. If they land Llorente would help

I don't think we're strengthened that much either but Cisse for a whole season and Ben Arfa as well being involved should help, we're a tight unit that hasn't been disrupted too much so far, shouldn't fall away really imo, but the number of games will have an impact