Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Out of his depth :yao:

He's no Craig Gardner, man.

Gardner 1-0 Cabaye.

Is Gardner better than Cabaye yes or no?

Gardner will score more goals than Cabaye. Goals win football games.

Oh yeah.

I'm with Wearside on this. Technique, passing range, vision, awareness, graft, general influence in the side, they're all extraneous in comparison to goal tally. Gardener has shown far more than Cabaye based on this single stat, just as Nolan dominated the Premier League with his performances last season.

Gardner 1-0 Cabaye.

Kevin Nolan is = to the Barcelona midfield!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOWZERZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Gardner 1-0 Cabaye.

Why the hell are teams fielding these so called defenders, defensive midfielders and goalkeepers then?  I mean, they don't score as many goals as strikers do they? 

Think he's on to something lads, 2-3-5 pyramid formation is BACK!

Gardner 1-0 Cabaye.

Why the hell are teams fielding these so called defenders, defensive midfielders and goalkeepers then?  I mean, they don't score as many goals as strikers do they? 

I guess that explains why Bruce played 8 midfielders against Brighton

Gardner 1-0 Cabaye.

More like 0-0-11.

:boomboom:

Problem formation fags? :troll:

Gardner's a great name for a pish midfielder who can shoot a bit. If football doesn't work out he could always set himself up as a landscaper. My hedges could do with a trim and I'm willing to pay Craig £20 if he does a nice job.

Wondering recently if the increasing popularity of 1 striker and 5 midfielders may prompt some brave teams to have a 3 man back line and try a 3-5-2 sort of thing. Doubt it'll happen to be honest, 3 man back lines are used in Italy a bit, where the loss of width isn't so important since most teams play up the middle, but it's hardly been working for Inter at the moment, so skeptical.

Might be a decent idea against a vastly inferior team using the 4-5-1 defensively, with little goal threat. Suspect Villas Boas only manager who might try it, but again doubt it.

This all has bugger all to do with Cabaye, though I have to say I was skeptical of playing him as deep as he seemed to be, but he seems to have plenty of energy to attack, so happy to see him in the eventual 4-2-3-1 that seems to be the plan in front of defence.

Napoli play the 3 man defence very well. It's actually becoming quite beautiful to watch. When one of the CBs goes forward with the ball one of the wing backs just plugs the gap. When they're defending they can easily have 5 at the back with two sitting midfielders infront, but on the break they can turn it round really quickly and have options to flood forward with. Maggio in particular is fantastic carrier of the ball and the front 3 are deadly.

It'll be interesting to see how they get on with it outside of Serie A, they completely stifled Man City for the most part.

Napoli play the 3 man defence very well. It's actually becoming quite beautiful to watch. When one of the CBs goes forward with the ball one of the wing backs just plugs the gap. When they're defending they can easily have 5 at the back with two sitting midfielders infront, but on the break they can turn it round really quickly and have options to flood forward with. Maggio in particular is fantastic carrier of the ball and the front 3 are deadly.

It'll be interesting to see how they get on with it outside of Serie A, they completely stifled Man City for the most part.

Napoli is interesting to watch they are growing on me.

You read the ZonalMarking article on them?

Link?

Link?

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/09/18/napoli-3-1-milan-counter-attack-and-cavani-hattrick/