Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest magpie99

He has the potential to b e the next Modric when he grows accustomed to the PL. Next year, expect him to move on to Chelsea for 40 million and replaced in the team by Abeid.

That transfer should see the remainder of the debt to MA removed.

In a couple of years, we might even see a midfield of Gosling, Abeid, Vuckic, Sameobi/Lua Lua

It's class like.

We signed him, everyone agreed it was pretty much a cert that he'd be a class and then he comes in and is immediately fucking class.

Looks to be the best ball playing central midfielder we've had in a very long time, pleasure to watch so far. :thup:

Very very surprised when we signed him....almost as if we put a voodoo spell on him.

Cabaye has yet to settle  entirely, when he plays for Lille and France he is at his best .

One of his best plays is when his team looses the ball, he will recover it by  tackling tends to leave him scoring or assisting others. ( Not sure i have seen him do it for us, maybe because we use him too extensively as a play maker or the Epl is more defensive.) The success ratio is pretty good as well.

He is a complete midfielder , one which could pass, shoot and tackle. (Liken him to a small Ballack)

I reckon he would perform better when we could relieve some of playmaking roles which keeps him stationary. To better explain this, he is not a skillfull or pacey dribbler, where he could make space for himself in a tight situation and find a pass, like Ben Afra.

Therefore we actually shackle him by needing him close to the ball when we recover it. His best attribute by far is his engine, and it allows him the freedom to cover more ground than others.

:ben:

He has the potential to b e the next Modric when he grows accustomed to the PL. Next year, expect him to move on to Chelsea for 40 million and replaced in the team by Abeid.

In a couple of years, we might even see a midfield of Gosling, Abeid, Vuckic, Sameobi/Lua Lua

The next Modric? I think the hype is going into overdrive on here. While he's got a great engine, he's not the quickest across the ground so that hinders his chances of being a box to box player for me. I get the feeling he is better as part of a midfield three where he's under less pressure to close down the opposition. He's done well but I don't think we'll see the best of him until Pardew has sorted out the right formation and style to maximise his talent.

Guest Dontooner

The next Modric? I think the hype is going into overdrive on here. While he's got a great engine, he's not the quickest across the ground so that hinders his chances of being a box to box player for me. I get the feeling he is better as part of a midfield three where he's under less pressure to close down the opposition. He's done well but I don't think we'll see the best of him until Pardew has sorted out the right formation and style to maximise his talent.

Unfortunately i agree with Tron, he doesnt have the acceleration, guile and ball skills to play like a playmaker.