Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Anyone care to repeat what he says in his pre-match interview on the official site?

Lives in Ponteland and home life consists of, sitting on his arse, shopping in town, sticking his kid in an English nursery.

Learns English off CD's.

Likes tempo, atmosphere of the English game. SJP perfect.

Imrpessed with Tiote, but best player is Colo.

Friends with the Frenchies and the Argies.

Likes touching balls with other players like Oba.

Hopes to do quick short passes against Blackburn to make Samba dizzy.

Scared shitless about the North East winter.

Does indeed wear the Fonz's jacket/T-shirt combo.

Apparently the interview's in English which is pretty impressive considering he didn't speak a word of the language when he signed. What a man. :aww:

Lives in Ponteland and home life consists of, sitting on his arse, shopping in town, sticking his kid in an English nursery.

Learns English off CD's.

Likes tempo, atmosphere of the English game. SJP perfect.

Imrpessed with Tiote, but best player is Colo.

Friends with the Frenchies and the Argies.

Likes touching balls with other players like Oba.

Hopes to do quick short passes against Blackburn to make Samba dizzy.

Scared shitless about the North East winter.

Does indeed wear the Fonz's jacket/T-shirt combo.

:lol:

Did I read in here that he ran over 13km last weekend? That's exceptional if true like :thup:

Not being a dickhead, but 13km isn't actually that far.  Certainly not for a proffessional athlete.  It's a long way to run at 100% race pace, or during a footy match, but if you do it at your training pace, it's actually quite easy.

Did I read in here that he ran over 13km last weekend? That's exceptional if true like :thup:

Not being a dickhead, but 13km isn't actually that far.  Certainly not for a proffessional athlete.  It's a long way to run at 100% race pace, or during a footy match, but if you do it at your training pace, it's actually quite easy.

It was during a football match, fool. :lol:

I'm pretty sure he was playing a football match at the time :lol:

I'm pretty sure he was playing a football match at the time :lol:

:spit:

that's exactly how much Jenas used to cover when he was playing fairly well for us. Cabaye does seem to have a great engine, i think he said he is covering up to twice as much ground in a typical game as he would in france - wonder how long he will be able to keep it up.

Interview on .cock is awesome. All in English (and bloody good English too). Apparently he's bought a house in Ponteland. Happy days.

I've been in his house  :snod:

while it was still being built like...

Can't believe how good his English is in that video. He couldn't speak a single word when he arrived, amazing.

that's exactly how much Jenas used to cover when he was playing fairly well for us. Cabaye does seem to have a great engine, i think he said he is covering up to twice as much ground in a typical game as he would in france - wonder how long he will be able to keep it up.

Since Jenas has a much longer stride length, Cabaye would have to work quite a lot harder to cover that ground.

Interview on .cock is awesome. All in English (and bloody good English too). Apparently he's bought a house in Ponteland. Happy days.

I've been in his house  :snod:

while it was still being built like...

Can't believe how good is English is in that video. He couldn't speak a single word when he arrived, amazing.

:D