Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Reply  Retweet  Favorite

1h WhoScored.com ‏ @WhoScored

Yohan Cabaye & Moussa Dembele: Have made the most tackles in the Premier League this season, with 107 each - @JakeEllithorne #WhoScored

all rounder

Wow, impressive

He was good last night. Very tidy and disciplined. Really stepped up when Tiote went off too. Not a headline grabbing performance but he was essential to us limiting their options.

cabaye has amazing awareness, never seen a player shift his head around so much. it's not just picking out passes and sensing the direction of the play before it happens like xavi, though he can do that when he's moved forward. it's his makelele-esque defensive awareness that impresses more often.

I was surprised to see Taylor and not Guthrie come on for Tiote. Guthrie played quite well when Cheick was off on international duty.

Taylor offers more defensive solidity than Guthrie and we were 1 up. I was suprised he didn't go right back with Perch slotting in the middle man for man though.

I was surprised to see Taylor and not Guthrie come on for Tiote. Guthrie played quite well when Cheick was off on international duty.

Taylor offers more defensive solidity than Guthrie and we were 1 up. I was suprised he didn't go right back with Perch slotting in the middle man for man though.

Yeah that was what I was expecting but I guess pards didn't want to disrupt team shape

Guthrie wasn't even on the bench

Cabaye is one of the reasons for our brilliant season. He really is a different sort of class, we have a player who consistently gives 100% to the cause (the amount of running he does in a game, be it tracking back or making forward runs, is very commendable). Plus his passing/vision/shooting isn't bad either ;)

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

work horse but i though his passing was poor today tbh but still another great shift he gave.