Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I Won't blame Cabaye for leaving if he does.

Why would any player in their right mind want to play for us?

Our sole ambition is to line the owners pockets.

No but the f***er should be giving the fans 100% whilst he is still here

So the precedent is set - make a bid for one of our players within 12 hours of kickoff = player cannot play. Fuck off.

Good job someone didn't put in cheeky HBA, Sissoko, and Cisse bids then...

If we had no intention of selling then Cabaye would start tonight, simple as that.

We have every intention of selling.

Agreed, and we'd sell them too.

Did Pardew not just say that he left him out?

No he didn't Col.

The "I have to pick the team I feel will get us the result" stuff seemed to be trying to say he didn't pick him because he didn't think he'd play well, with the implication being that was because he was unsettled by the bid.

Guest fraser

Meanwhile, the often derided Rooney plays a blinder for his team when absolutely desperate for a move. If Cabaye can't play because Arsenal want him he's even flakier than I thought. If it's a 'management decision' then it's a rubbish one.

Guest bimpy474

Did Pardew not just say that he left him out?

No he didn't Col.

The "I have to pick the team I feel will get us the result" stuff seemed to be trying to say he didn't pick him because he didn't think he'd play well, with the implication being that was because he was unsettled by the bid.

Yes i thought that but he didn't say it outright, and i couldn't be bothered to write what you did :lol:

Undisclosed fee will be out the door by wednesday morning.

Gosling retained as replacement.

Loos like it. Hopefully we get a decent fee, I know people will say so what etc...but at least arsenal haven't mugged us even if the board try to.

The worry is that leaving him out indicates its nearly done. But you dont go from £10m to £20m overnight.

Cabaye here and Cabaye at Arsenal will be 2 different players. We'll never see his potential under Pardew. So losing him isnt a problem in itself, its the fears about a low fee and failing to replace him.

Gutted :(

Might be from Sky because I didn't see it, but:

'What I can confirm is that on the eve of a game we've had a bid for the player which we don't think is acceptable. Therefore I have to pick what I think is a team out here tonight which is going to get us a result. The rights and wrongs of that bid, other people can make an opinion, I know what my opinion is.'